UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #13: 12/20/18 - 7PM vs Manhattan

Eli

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Not sure I've seen SEFCU this empty since the CIT game a few years ago.

Really the department should be going to every school and youth basketball program locally and giving out free tickets to every local player. Give them enough for their parents too. Seat them in the student section. Get more people here and make a few bucks with parking. Maybe get some new fans. Give away 5000 tickets, but only the first 1500 get in free. Or something like that. While the students are out of town it's a no brainer.

Completely agree — Marketing 101!

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Not sure I've seen SEFCU this empty since the CIT game a few years ago.

Really the department should be going to every school and youth basketball program locally and giving out free tickets to every local player. Give them enough for their parents too. Seat them in the student section. Get more people here and make a few bucks with parking. Maybe get some new fans. Give away 5000 tickets, but only the first 1500 get in free. Or something like that. While the students are out of town it's a no brainer.

I’m all for it, but season ticket holders might have a problem with that 

On 12/18/2018 at 10:08 PM, Eli said:

Yeah, we can't lose to Manhattan if we are aspiring to be an upper half AE team this year. OOC is what it is and should be used as a learning experience, but even with all of these new guys we should beat Manhattan by 10.

So we did what you said we should

12 hours ago, UA'08 said:

I'll be happy if we beat them by 1.

1500 Over or Under on total attendance?

UA’08 is happy!

Under - 1412

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

I’m all for it, but season ticket holders might have a problem with that 

Why would they have a problem with it if the free seats for local basketball players and their families (from every level, from YMCA to High School) get to sit in the student section during home games over breaks when no students are around. It is the perfect opportunity to possibly create some new fans and at least get parking revenue. It would be different if the suggestion was normal paid seats. I'm only suggesting the seats that are already free to students anyway. 

• Like 1

Going against the grain here but I thought that was alright. Manhattan pretty much makes games ugly.

We had some post touches and moved the ball a little on offense. Some nice minutes from Lauderdale.

Adam Lulka - Double double in points and rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and a steal. 

Edited by Dane Pound