UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #14: 12/28/18 - 7PM @ Kent State

Eli

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

For the people who said we are improving YOU WERE RIGHT this game. Offense looked so much better late in the second half. Encouraging game. 

Now as for Campbell: I wish everyone well (exception criminals,  and overall bad people) but come on. The man has played around 80 games or more in his career. How many of us got on Nichols for his bad decisions or Cremo for not being clutch?? Campbell is the senior leader of this team. A Captain!!!! He needs to play better and give us something offensively.  I'm sorry if some of you can handle that , but its the truth. 

Nothing personal,  I'm sure he is a great young man, but he is struggling bigtime and costing us. 

I’ve never seen a player that’s 6’6 get their shot blocked so many times.

The possession up three with 1:26 left was horrible and a killer.

De Sousa is the slasher they need that will get to the line.

Healy for some reason loses his shot in the second half.

Hank still cannot keep himself out of foul trouble.

They played them real tough. Hopefully they get a win to close out non conference play against another MAAC team.

Stat of the game,  bench scoring,   44-5 in favor of Kent St.  CB has said this is an issue and he will end up shortening the bench, load up minutes of the starters like last year, causing tired players in AE play.  I assume Flory will get in shape and contribute,  Lauderdale can get a couple buckets here and there, French, Miller  and Brooks did not even play last night, de Sousa had 1 min at end of 1st half, and Campbell can't hit the ocean from the beach.  After 14 games, CB has not found a successful bench rotation as yet and I don't think he will.  Am I missing something here?

16 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I totally forgot that there was a game on. They rebounded well. What was the problem down the stretch? Bad shooting? Turnovers? No D? Pooped players?

The problem was our “best defender” used his hands to play D and commited a foul with 3.3 seconds left.

• Like 1

No time outs left so there was no way to plan strategy. Foul with 3 seconds left was pretty terrible though. Not enough time to really get a good shot off. It was either clean defense and hope for a bad shot or foul a few seconds earlier to have time to get a good shot for the tie or win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

No time outs left so there was no way to plan strategy. Foul with 3 seconds left was pretty terrible though. Not enough time to really get a good shot off. It was either clean defense and hope for a bad shot or foul a few seconds earlier to have time to get a good shot for the tie or win.

This. This is why I said that a senior should know better.

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

He fouled him from behind the three point line. I’ll take my chances on them having to hit a 3 to win

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oldtimer said:

In response to nysteve661:  Our bench is outscored because they do not play--coaches choice--check game stats.  He should have no complaints--his choice.

I realize that CB is not pointing to a guy and saying get in there for so and so, but that is his stubbornness not to play guys that he feels either made a mistake last time they played or did not have a good practice I assume.  He is the first guy to say he is stubborn.   Almost every post-game he says it.  

Lulka didn’t have position to get more shots.  Once he had position, he was given the ball and automatic.  I am eating crow because early in the season I didn’t see where he Lulka hype could come from.  Then I remembered he’s a frosh.  The game is slowing up for him and he still doesn’t fully have a grasp on how to get position in the block.  Then you look up stats and I think he’s close to averaging 9 and 7.5.  Thats incredible considering his age and the amounts of touches per game.  Once he does grasp positioning, watch out...he may be better than Rowley in the end. 

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 4