UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Prepare for greatness

Hope it's more exciting than my daughters college, Jacksonville University a few months ago.  They promoted a similar thing for weeks, thought a new arena or football stadium.  Then they broadcasted live on FB on the date from basketball arena.  They unveiled a new logo for center court and uniforms.   Woopey do da.  We already have a more modern UAlbany name so hopefully this is real greatness coming.

Having recently been a student (only a few years removed), no one refered to the general university or student body as 'purple fam'...I've only seen that used in a sports context. Granted it's been 2.5 years.

It's always fun to speculate,  but the post is posted in the albany general Instagram account and not on the atheltics one. I would think that if it was athletics they would post both places. 

Secondly, to my knowledge (unless there was a massive gift) fundraising for any atheltics project has not started yet. I would think that if it was a major upgrade to the atheltic department fundraising would need to occur. 

This is probably not it, but maybe it's the announcement to the naming rights of the Sefcu. That has been expired for a couple of years and maybe that money will be used, combined with state funding, to build something. 

It seems to me like something for the university and not the atheltic program . I hope I'm wrong . 

Very possible you're right UA...although, at the same time, even though an upgrade/rebuild of the arena would be for the Athletics department, you bet your bottom dollar the University would market it and sell it as a upgrade/rebuild for the larger university community, alumni and even local area. I could see that being the reason why such an announcement would be made under the school account and not sports account.

But agreed on the fundraising...I also haven't heard or seen anything. I donate enough to GDAC to get some of the perks like parking but I would especially donate a bit more if I knew for a fact it was for a reno/build.