UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #17: 1/12/19 - 3:00PM vs Maine

27 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Apparently Brown is still a believer... I still say "In WB I trust," and the team is obviously still real young, but I'm not sure I'm convinced at the moment...

https://dailygazette.com/article/2019/01/12/again-ualbany-men-s-basketball-needs-to-move-forward

Need to continue to recruit and develop... If anyone leaves brown should add more 4 year kids instead of useless juco who take a year or more to develop. There is no quick fix... I continue to believe foundation is good with lulka Healey de Sousa and rizzuto... Adding Hutchins and Doherty... Need a pg of the future to groom and another wing. That has to be the model going forward... Recruit four year kids and get a pipeline going where there are kids in the system ready to step in. It's what uvm does... Half a roaster of juco kids who have no idea what's going on sucks as a plan leads to zero depth. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Need to continue to recruit and develop... If anyone leaves brown should add more 4 year kids instead of useless juco who take a year or more to develop. There is no quick fix... I continue to believe foundation is good with lulka Healey de Sousa and rizzuto... Adding Hutchins and Doherty... Need a pg of the future to groom and another wing. That has to be the model going forward... Recruit four year kids and get a pipeline going where there are kids in the system ready to step in. It's what uvm does... Half a roaster of juco kids who have no idea what's going on sucks as a plan leads to zero depth. 

I too like the freshman core. I'll probably like them more when they're the sophmore, junior and senior core but still.

As for the Juco guys, I actually like Lauderdale and would like him to get more touches and minutes. Clark too, although he drives me crazy sometimes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

I too like the freshman core. I'll probably like them more when they're the sophmore, junior and senior core but still.

As for the Juco guys, I actually like Lauderdale and would like him to get more touches and minutes. Clark too, although he drives me crazy sometimes.

When Clark graduates who's the pg? He's only got 1 year left. 

Edited by Clickclack

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Right now nothing is going right... Tonight missed 9 free throws... In a 4 pt loss. We are dead last from the line in the ae. When has that ever happened. Went 11-20...

Hank going 1-6 doesn't help. Without that, we were 10-14 from the line which is about average. 

7 hours ago, Eli said:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Down 10 and getting severely outplayed by a perennial AE cellar dweller. 

I'm starting to reconsider what I've been preaching all year. This team is not developing. 

About time. This is more than just the result of starting several freshman. Off-season conditioning and maturation does not take this squad into a AE title contender. Talent is talent.

6 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I will only say this. THEY ARE TERRIBLE ,right now. Not atheltic at all. 

Maybe my prior posts have not been clear enough, so allow me to be clear. We are far closer to d-3 Oneonta in talent and ability than D-1 UVM, irrespective of youth and experience. This is a very good division 3 team. Freshman or not, talent is talent, and it can be assessed at any class year.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

7 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I find myself coming to this realization. I never thought they would contend this year but I thought as season went on they would be better and we'd see development. It's very close to wheels completely falling off. It's future is brighter then the present but it won't come this year. And the present is pitch darkness. This is a very bad team. 

Amen.

4 minutes ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Maybe my prior posts have not been clear enough, so allow me to be clear. We are far closer to d-3 Oneonta in talent and ability than D-1 UVM, irrespective of youth and experience. This is a very good division 3 team.

If, IF that's true...I don't agree with you.  There has to be some soul searching. We all knew this would be a tough year. The scary thing is the lack of athleticism and talent. Let's face it, De Sousa and Rizzuto right now are complete zeros. All the JUCO's let's be real and honest...stink. This team is Clark, Healey shooting (please God forbid he drives) and Lulka. 3 players...where is everyone else? This may not be a popular opinion but there are kids on this roster that I suspect won't be here next year, they aren't D1 players. Which begs the question why NUMEROUS non-d1 players were even recruited. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1