UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #20: 1/23/19 - 7:00PM vs Stony Brook

Eli

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I don't know if the school has a sports psychologist on staff, but if not they need to get one

I think you hit the nail on the head. Especially where Clark is concerned {but others also.} Seems Clark vacillates from over confidence to total lack thereof. There appears to be no middle ground with him. Even with minimal minutes last year, this showed. Sometimes he acts like he MUST do it all, not trusting his teammates (& rightfully so at times); and when others seem to step up, instead of trusting them, he acts/feels like he BETTER get his also. I do not think he is being selfish, I "think" he just wants to win so bad and be a part of it. He seems to not see that there are other/more/better ways to go about it. I am most definitely NOT applying for the fore mentioned job; but we need to get Clark straighten out for this year and NEXT. I HOPE his issues are NOT selfishness, because we NEED him to be a team player and to use ALL his skills!

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Especially where Clark is concerned {but others also.} Seems Clark vacillates from over confidence to total lack thereof. There appears to be no middle ground with him. Even with minimal minutes last year, this showed. Sometimes he acts like he MUST do it all, not trusting his teammates (& rightfully so at times); and when others seem to step up, instead of trusting them, he acts/feels like he BETTER get his also. I do not think he is being selfish, I "think" he just wants to win so bad and be a part of it. He seems to not see that there are other/more/better ways to go about it. I am most definitely NOT applying for the fore mentioned job; but we need to get Clark straighten out for this year and NEXT. I HOPE his issues are NOT selfishness, because we NEED him to be a team player and to use ALL his skills!

Most difficult thing for me to rationalize is his continued drives against 2 or 3 kids on him instead of pulling it out...also the deep stepback fadeaways. These are not good takes, but he keeps taking them. 

I think you are right on the trust thing...I'm not sure he trusts his teammates. I think it would be good to deemphasize him a little bit for a few games, have him sit and watch and see that there are other players on the court that can ball and he doesn't have to do it all himself and then plug him back in. I'm sure Brown will figure it out but don't run this kid off...he's talented and by all accounts a solid kid. 

13 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Campbell is there physically and mentally. Does everything correctly 95% of the time, but just isn’t good at putting that ball in the hoop.

Totally agree! But, when he does hit a 3 on those rare occasions, I feel like I'm 8 years' old and just won a stuffed animal out of those arcade machines with the claw. Best feeling ever! 

37 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

You all are just a bunch of haters...what if...follow me here...I told you that Devonte is hitting 36% of his 3's this year...he hit only 14% last year. What if I told you he's ranked #18 in the AE shooting the 3?

giphy.gif

I'd say play him! I am, and have been, in the Campbell fan club. 

4 hours ago, UA'08 said:

The damn cross court passing needs to stop. It’s ridiculous 

Ummm.  That was a skip pass against the zone.  For the most part, the correct choice to breakdown and overloaded side.  Problem was the height of the pass.  

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

Remember we are only fans watching from the crowd or on TV. I am not sure I have ever seen Brown get angry at Clark for some of the forced drives. We do not know what coach is instructing him to do. He may be instructed to attack and make something happen. 

9 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Most difficult thing for me to rationalize is his continued drives against 2 or 3 kids on him instead of pulling it out...also the deep stepback fadeaways. These are not good takes, but he keeps taking them. 

I think you are right on the trust thing...I'm not sure he trusts his teammates. I think it would be good to deemphasize him a little bit for a few games, have him sit and watch and see that there are other players on the court that can ball and he doesn't have to do it all himself and then plug him back in. I'm sure Brown will figure it out but don't run this kid off...he's talented and by all accounts a solid kid. 

I think early in the season Clark had to do a lot. Now, the freshman have grown, his role has changed and he has to adjust. I actually thought he showed great patience getting that shot to tie. I thought he was going to hoist a three before driving for the layup.