UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, alum73 said:

I think our RS Freshman QB showed a lot of promise, but the search never ends in college FB.  There are no 6 year veterans.

Still have Burns who was highly recruited JUCO QB.  Understand he had a blowout with the coach last year, may be why he did not play.  Don't have the answer.

18 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I thought all of them except for the McLaughlin from Lackawanna are listed as DB or Running backs. I do not see any other QB's.  

Looks like several Lineman have committed or will by February NLI day.  

GG’s comments on Dabney have him as a QB/RB/Athlete in the offense. So maybe at some point he’d get a look as a legit run/pass QB. Change of pace kind of guy. Hell, with this coaching staff they’ll probably have him as a LB/punter. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

GG’s comments on Dabney have him as a QB/RB/Athlete in the offense. So maybe at some point he’d get a look as a legit run/pass QB. Change of pace kind of guy. Hell, with this coaching staff they’ll probably have him as a LB/punter. 

Yeah I know he was QB and running back.  We'll see. 

This seems like a tough time to coach at our level and I don't mean that as an excuse for Gattuso (or anyone else.) They don't get the first pick of kids when it comes to recruiting and then when you do get someone good, they can transfer out with the grad transfer rule. A bunch of the guys on the grad transfer wire are FCS players going to FBS.

A couple of things about the grad transfer rule that I'll be curious to see:

1. If the NCAA ever looks at how many grad transfers actually ending up graduating at their new school. 

2. Coaches are less likely to redshirt guys now.

3. If some coaches actually try to slow down their players academic progress so they don't graduate early.

Also, good luck to EBH wherever he ends up. It may be petty but I've replaced him with Mofor in the BPF banner.

10 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

This seems like a tough time to coach at our level and I don't mean that as an excuse for Gattuso (or anyone else.) They don't get the first pick of kids when it comes to recruiting and then when you do get someone good, they can transfer out with the grad transfer rule. A bunch of the guys on the grad transfer wire are FCS players going to FBS.

A couple of things about the grad transfer rule that I'll be curious to see:

1. If the NCAA ever looks at how many grad transfers actually ending up graduating at their new school. 

2. Coaches are less likely to redshirt guys now.

3. If some coaches actually try to slow down their players academic progress so they don't graduate early.

Also, good luck to EBH wherever he ends up. It may be petty but I've replaced him with Mofor in the BPF banner.

As I said before one of my takes was EB did not play as well last year and maybe thought he should have had more carries. I personally thought that Mofo played better overall.  ALSO if anyone recalls, his dad did not want him to go to Albany, thought he should be an FSB player.  I am certain that constant chatter in his ear may have affected him too. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 11:25 AM, Dane96 said:

HOF...I agree.  Moreover, EB hasn’t said a peep.  Pretty odd.  The article quotes I read from his dad and we’re all “I thought...”. 

Sad

Yep!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Makes you wonder if he’s hurt, although their top RB is apparently a top Frosh player. EB’s bio says he’s pursuing a masters in criminal justice, which UA is known for. Either he truly thought an FBS program would pick him up or couldn’t get into the one at UA. Curious 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Makes you wonder if he’s hurt, although their top RB is apparently a top Frosh player. EB’s bio says he’s pursuing a masters in criminal justice, which UA is known for. Either he truly thought an FBS program would pick him up or couldn’t get into the one at UA. Curious 

Does seem odd.  UA criminal justice graduate school is ranked #2 in nation after University of Maryland every year.  Should want to go there if you can get in.

• Like 1