UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #21: 1/26/19 - 3PM vs Hartford

Eli

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Lulka 13/6 today on 6 of 9...nice game by him... Played well on Carroll. Man our freshman are looking great... Lol. 

I was curious to see Lulka and Carroll on the court together. Carroll has been an all-conference player and Lulka looked like a stronger, more athletic version of Carroll.

The last few games we seem to have an identity and a rotation. Nice to see the aggression and rebounding from Rizzuto. 

We were able to survive a good shooting night from UH from 3 and all the different zones they threw at us. I was afraid we'd look like a deer in the headlights but we attached the zone pretty well.

Terrible tech taken by Dunne for taunting our bench. Kind of a head-scratcher from a senior

The officiating was kind of surreal tonight. I'm guessing with 5 seniors Gallagher doesn't have to coach much and can just yell at the officials for 40 minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

I was curious to see Lulka and Carroll on the court together. Carroll has been an all-conference player and Lulka looked like a stronger, more athletic version of Carroll.

The last few games we seem to have an identity and a rotation. Nice to see the aggression and rebounding from Rizzuto. 

We were able to survive a good shooting night from UH from 3 and all the different zones they threw at us. I was afraid we'd look like a deer in the headlights but we attached the zone pretty well.

Terrible tech taken by Dunne for taunting our bench. Kind of a head-scratcher from a senior

The officiating was kind of surreal tonight. I'm guessing with 5 seniors Gallagher doesn't have to coach much and can just yell at the officials for 40 minutes. 

I don't know what it is but he irritates me to no end on the bench. Completely crazy... 

3 hours ago, Dane06grad said:

Great game. Frustrating that they let the lead get cut to almost nothing, but encouraging that they held on. This team needs to learn how to win and close out games and today was a big step in doing so. Rizzutto is like a new man on the floor all of the sudden. I never felt like he looked lost, I just felt like he was being very passive and not aggressive at all. He wasn't doing what this team needed him to do, which is drive the ball and attack. Something clicked with this team in general and they started attacking the rim and pounding the boards. Such a pleasant site and they are competitive again!! Biggest goal right now should be to get that 7 seed. 6 would be great, but avoid missing the tourney and Vermont in round 1 would be great. 

I think we can beat anyone in this league except for Vermont.

Honestly, after the last 3 games, I also think so. While I feel we could get hot and beat anyone, I think we could just as easily lose to anyone. But this team is FOR SURE growing before our very eyes. They hit a bit of a brick wall in the mid-point of the season but I guess maybe that was too be expected considering like 90% of our lineup is playing its first real season (Clark included).

• Like 2

What I saw that was different was intensity and effort. Every player was going all out, diving, scrapping, sticking out a hand, etc. it really helps when the 3’s fall and I loved that players like Healy and Rizzuto are starting to attack the basket. They are picking their spots though, when they have a legit chance. If only WB could get Clark to stop the ridiculous out of control drives. It was also a joy to see that they fought off Hartford’s runs, even when it got tight for a while and and they were up to their ears in foul trouble. Good character builder for the future. 

• Like 2

Nice game. Having a 3rd scorer like Rizzuto has done wonders for our offense . Not perfect but I believe we are really making strides. 

Dont want to get too far ahead of ourselves,  however if we win on Wednesday,  we have Binghamton during big purple growl . Hopefully the energy will get us to win. 3-5 record for the first half of league play would not be bad at all . 

12 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I don't know what it is but he irritates me to no end on the bench. Completely crazy... 

Agree.  I really can't stand watching him coach. He is a maniac but then you see him in interviews and he seems like a nice calm-ish guy.  I guess the heat of competition makes him crazy.  They showed him a lot on ESPN+ last night and he looks in agony constantly and it constantly complaining.

I wonder Dunne said to the bench because when they showed the replay Iati gave a big OOOOOHHHH!.  Like what the hell was that?!  And the ref was right there so it was really stupid.  

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

I wonder Dunne said to the bench because when they showed the replay Iati gave a big OOOOOHHHH!.  Like what the hell was that?!  And the ref was right there so it was really stupid.  

They showed that on the big screen too and I laughed at Iatis reaction. 

23 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Agree.  I really can't stand watching him coach. He is a maniac but then you see him in interviews and he seems like a nice calm-ish guy.  I guess the heat of competition makes him crazy.  They showed him a lot on ESPN+ last night and he looks in agony constantly and it constantly complaining.

You are right-on. When you read interviews he is so complimentary. Working the ref's is part of the game, god knows Brown does it with the best of them; but this guy is totally a distraction. One ref or another is constantly under barrage. Every game I've ever seen with this guy, it is like the game is officiated by only TWO ref's as the third one is totally being occupied by Gallagher.

This guy is worse than Pathos. Pathos would spontaneously combust from time to time {a lot actually.} But Gallagher is non-stop.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

You are right-on. When you read interviews he is so complimentary. Working the ref's is part of the game, god knows Brown does it with the best of them; but this guy is totally a distraction. One ref or another is constantly under barrage. Every game I've ever seen with this guy, it is like the game is officiated by only TWO ref's as the third one is totally being occupied by Gallagher.

This guy is worse than Pathos. Pathos would spontaneously combust from time to time {a lot actually.} But Gallagher is non-stop.

He looks completely unhinged ALL GAME long...he runs back and forth, he's clapping like a mad-man and screaming at everyone on the bench 100% of the time. And when he's not yelling at the bench he's screaming at the refs. He is completely manic, he has only one speed and looks like he doesn't know what he's going to do in a manic fashion from moment to moment. 

He croaches down to clap loudly or slap the floor only to jump up 3 seconds later and run back and forth...he looks like a mental patient. I don't know how his kids put up with it...there is zero calming influence from him. What you see in the media is also fake, he is complimentary but he's a little bitch from what I've been told when cameras are off. Sour winner AND loser. He'll be out of the AE very soon...

Edited by Clickclack