UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

41 tackles, 5.5 sacks in 2019. Just named to All New England team. 2018 even better. Looks like great addition if we get him. Also has offers from Ball State and UNH. 

Agree.

Did you see where Scott Houseman, Pittsburgh, Pa and Lackawanna College, Center,  6' 4" 300 lbs,  committed the other day.

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

Agree.

Did you see where Scott Houseman, Pittsburgh, Pa and Lackawanna College, Center,  6' 4" 300 lbs,  committed the other day.

Yes. Nice get. The kid from Dupage looks like a good one too. They really need some experienced beef in the middle and they seem to make the grade. They’ve swung and missed on some o line guys....Verdi, Solt, the brothers who never made the field come to mind. 

Still waiting to see if the JUCO guys from the Midwest and West Coast are on board and the DL from down state!!

Edited by HOF2013

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

The thing that jumps out at me without watching these kids move etc. is the size both weight and height. There appears to be some serious size and length. Am I misreading things?

I think you’re reading it correctly.  We’ve been undersized and Coach has talked about getting bigger and longer and it looks like we’re making progress.  Someone stated this earlier but we’ve had some big linemen who haven’t worked out so now we have a couple of more.  We still need more size everywhere but definitely need the length in the secondary and at wide receiver.

Edited by reeder

1 minute ago, reeder said:

I think you’re reading it correctly.  We’ve been undersized and Coach has talked about getting bigger and longer and it looks like we’re making progress.  Someone stated this earlier but we’ve had some big linemen who haven’t worked out so now we have a couple of more.  We still need more size everywhere but definitely need the length in the secondary and at wide receiver.

I worded as I did because my hope is that with getting bigger or longer, these kids can move. Size that moves like a sloth is self defeating so hopefully some of these kids aren't just longer and bigger but also athletic. 

20 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I'll say this.  Impressive gets so far as I scroll through.  Took a guy or two from UNH and from Villanova and even one dude from a Big 10 school.  Wow. Now where those big Juco dudes? 

It's a mystery - none of them have committed anywhere. A couple have visited only one other school.  Maybe they are all coordinating and going to sign at the same time!!!!!  Who knows.  We need a couple of them though.  Got some great young guys coming in already.

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I worded as I did because my hope is that with getting bigger or longer, these kids can move. Size that moves like a sloth is self defeating so hopefully some of these kids aren't just longer and bigger but also athletic. 

Check out the HUDL videos, you will see how quick some of them are.  For a big lineman foot speed is not necessarily as important as quickness off the ball as you know. Most of them are fairly fast for their size though. I posted the HUDL videos on all of them except for the kid from Guilderland - he didn't have one.