UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Gattuso just announced these kids as "early signees" not sure what that means.  Here are the rules again:

NLI signing days for HS players: December 18, 2019    December 20, 2019

Mid-year JC transfer    December 18, 2019    January 15, 2020

Enrollment in a Junior College (Two-Year College) - No Previously Signed NLI Enrollment in a Junior College (Two-Year College) - After Signing an NLI
If a prospective student-athlete signs an NLI and later attends a junior college, the prospective student-athlete must graduate from the junior college under the following conditions:
• To satisfy NCAA 2-4 or 4-2-4 transfer rules, if necessary to meet NCAA, conference or institutional regulations.
• To fulfill a previously signed NLI. In this case, the previous NLI is considered fulfilled if the prospective student-athlete graduates from the junior college. The NLI can be signed prior to graduation.

If a prospective student-athlete did not sign an NLI prior to enrolling at a junior college, he or she is permitted to sign while attending a junior college.
The following rule applies for Division I:
A nonqualifier 2-4 transfer is not permitted to sign an NLI in the first year of junior college enrollment. A nonqualifier in the first year of enrollment does not meet the NCAA requirement to receive

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2019/12/18/football-footnall-announces-11-early-signees.aspx

Gatusso on the early signees

Committed HS Kicker not on list and none of the 5 JUCO kids are.  Maybe they have to be accepted into the school first -  no idea.

BUT as I said none of them have committed anywhere else and  only a couple have visited other schools.

Edited by HOF2013

What's the take on Joey Carino? He recommitted from Syracuse LAX, apparently because he wanted a chance to play QB. Supposed to be a terrific player, but why would he come to a school with a budding star with three years left? Some on the 'cuse board were speculating that he was gonna play LAX here. Tough to do both. 

• Like 1

My guess is that they want to wait and see what offers may come between now and the February signing date - but who knows.  I’d rather have them not sign than to sign and not show up.

Also, the other variable is scholarship offer.  We know that they were offered but don’t know of it was a partial scholarship or full scholarship.  I can see them going elsewhere for a better offer or waiting to February for a better offer.

Edited by reeder

1 hour ago, reeder said:

My guess is that they want to wait and see what offers may come between now and the February signing date - but who knows.  I’d rather have them not sign than to sign and not show up.

Also, the other variable is scholarship offer.  We know that they were offered but don’t know of it was a partial scholarship or full scholarship.  I can see them going elsewhere for a better offer or waiting to February for a better offer.

I agree.  Plus it might have to do with where a couple of them are - West Coast or Oklahoma and where we are! Just guessing.  I wouldn't think we were offering a Kid that far away a partial but who knows.  One of JUCO kids, Kid from SC, (WR) announced he is signing tonight at 7 PM .  The DL kid from ASA, Brooklyn is signing tonight at 6:30 as well.

I think the WR from Iowa who committed the other day could have had an affect on the WR from Cali too.

Edited by HOF2013

After a great phone call with

, I’m beyond blessed to receive an offer from UAlbany #purplefam #DANEger20ne

Had a three coach home visit yesterday!  Jan 20.

Edited by HOF2013

Singleis quoted Coach as saying the class could balloon to 20 by the Feb signing date with transfers, etc.  Makes sense.

Some of the JUCOs, even with the qualifier from the NCAA, still have to go through the UA admissions process (or any school, for that matter).  

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

Singleis quoted Coach as saying the class could balloon to 20 by the Feb signing date with transfers, etc.  Makes sense.

Some of the JUCOs, even with the qualifier from the NCAA, still have to go through the UA admissions process (or any school, for that matter).  

Yep.  Lots  more work to do.  They are looking at some really good ones.

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

What's the take on Joey Carino? He recommitted from Syracuse LAX, apparently because he wanted a chance to play QB. Supposed to be a terrific player, but why would he come to a school with a budding star with three years left? Some on the 'cuse board were speculating that he was gonna play LAX here. Tough to do both. 

Been nothing at all on the LAX threads about him.  

18 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I heard, that unlike most schools, UA verifies admissions prior to offering. 

I have been pondering all of the kids that we made offers to, some had no other offers, that have not committed ANYWHERE.  Maybe they could not get into U A.  SOme of them are two way players.  Maybe the offer was at the position that is not their favorite.  OR, as the offer always says, it is contingent on meeting all NCAA rules AND there being a scholarship still available at their position when they decide to commit!  Or maybe the offer was as a preferred walk on and they are trying to holdout for a scholarship offer.  NY state kids now get free tuition so it's basically 1/2 scholarship to bring them on the team as a scholarship kid.

No idea.  Thoughts??

Edited by HOF2013