UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

13 hours ago, dslyank said:

6'2" 195 middie committed to cuse. Maybe we can get him to play football and lax @ UA. Or forget football and just play lax, since football already has at least 3 QB's {of course maybe none of the current crop are any good??????}

Burns has switched to WR

This is old news.  The three qbs are undercuffler, dahn and zenolovic.  Zenolovic intrigues me because he was getting some decent fbs looks prior to his senior year where he played a game on an old injury and then was out for the year.  Then last August he got hurt again.  Kid has a big frame and arm. Guys seem to like him a bunch.  He apparently had a good spring.  And the news video I saw the other day had him moving out of the pocket with a rifle pass. 

I still think the job is undercuffler’s to lose and he’s got some serious raw talent.  

47 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

This is old news.  The three qbs are undercuffler, dahn and zenolovic.  Zenolovic intrigues me because he was getting some decent fbs looks prior to his senior year where he played a game on an old injury and then was out for the year.  Then last August he got hurt again.  Kid has a big frame and arm. Guys seem to like him a bunch.  He apparently had a good spring.  And the news video I saw the other day had him moving out of the pocket with a rifle pass. 

I still think the job is undercuffler’s to lose and he’s got some serious raw talent.  

Do you think, what you see now, that we improve in QB play from the last few years? Honest question. I trust your FB opinion over virtually anyone else on here. 

Or are all of these guys such unknowns that it's just another crap shoot? 

14 minutes ago, Eli said:

Do you think, what you see now, that we improve in QB play from the last few years? Honest question. I trust your FB opinion over virtually anyone else on here. 

If Undercuffler doesn't separate himself in training-camp...we are hosed!

Edited by Clickclack

6 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I'd like to see them name someone early and then develop them through camp. Give  them a chance to work together with the receivers and learn. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eli said:

I think it’s fair to say unknown.   But definitely the most potential since Fiacchi.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

I'd like to see them name someone early and then develop them through camp. Give  them a chance to work together with the receivers and learn. 

In the news briefing he did mention Undercuffler but also said Braeden Zenelovic who was hurt last year has been impressive and the new guy Dahn

Zenolovic had looks from Buffalo, Kentucky, and some others.  He had an offer from Cornell.  He also held one from Edinboro, a very good D 2 school. That’s what I know of at least.  He had hurt his ankle / foot his JR year which kept his offers down.  Then he broke it in Sept of his senior year.  

The kid, from twitter posts only (take that for what it’s worth) is a hard worker and resilient.  At the very least, that’s what you want from a back up if he isn’t good enough to start now.  He would be ready to go and prepared.  I heard through the grapevine last year that the kids really like him and were down when he got hurt again in the summer. 

Edited by Dane96

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Zenolovic had looks from Buffalo, Kentucky, and some others.  He had an offer from Cornell.  He also held one from Edinboro, a very good D 2 school. That’s what I know of at least.  He had hurt his ankle / foot his JR year which kept his offers down.  Then he broke it in Sept of his senior year.  

The kid, from twitter posts only (take that for what it’s worth) is a hard worker and resilient.  At the very least, that’s what you want from a back up if he isn’t good enough to start now.  He would be ready to go and prepared.  I heard through the grapevine last year that the kids really like him and were down when he got hurt again in the summer. 

I might be reading too much into this but there was a three way QB competition in the spring - Undercuffler, Shane McLaughlin and Nyc Burns.  Now McLaughlin is gone and Burns is a WR.  Now the three way competition is Undercuffler, Zenelovic and Griffin Dahn.  

McLaughlin left the program (or never showed up) and Burns became a WR before camp even started.  Does this say something about the emergence of Zenelovic (maybe he’s pretty good) or maybe it says something about Undercuffler (coaches creating competition)?

Edited by reeder

20 hours ago, reeder said:

I might be reading too much into this but there was a three way QB competition in the spring - Undercuffler, Shane McLaughlin and Nyc Burns.  Now McLaughlin is gone and Burns is a WR.  Now the three way competition is Undercuffler, Zenelovic and Griffin Dahn.  

McLaughlin left the program (or never showed up) and Burns became a WR before camp even started.  Does this say something about the emergence of Zenelovic (maybe he’s pretty good) or maybe it says something about Undercuffler (coaches creating competition)?

I found a Shane McLaughlin Twitter account where he posts about attending a number of D1 football prospect camps. So something changed somebody’s mind. There’s another kid named Nick Rango who put up some numbers at HVCC. 

On 8/3/2019 at 11:55 AM, reeder said:

McLaughlin quite before he showed up.  Now at Monmouth ( I assume,  I clicked on his twitter page and he shows Monmouth now), Zenelovic looks good to me too.  Not much to see of Dahn.

Edited by HOF2013