UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1 - @Syracuse, 2/16, 4:00

7 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I hear you on the loyalty front. There are some things which are not common knowledge to further reinforce your point of view. I will say that the one thing where I think TD, and others who want to take and have tried to take more challenging classes, the 10am practice schedule interferes with those players who are striving for academic excellence. There are and have been other players who are contemplating or have contemplated transferring to other schools because of the class and practice conflicts.

I know that was part of TD's frustration.

Other schools can't possibly set class schedules according to guys practice schedules.  One would think Men's lacrosse would have priority over practice times and field usage because of success.  Why not go later in the day or earlier???

• Like 1

I never played on a college varsity team; but I do not buy into practice schedule as a reason for leaving UA. I've been around UA coaches and followed UA athletics since 1967; and @UA it has always been about academics first. I do not doubt the grueling schedule a student athlete must keep; but never met a UA coach on any team who would not make allowances for a student's schedule. Also, UA provides tutors and has for years, even before ncaa mandates. Was actually asked more than once to participate as a tutor; but was already working in the University kitchen 20-30 hours a week and as a full time student that was grueling enough for me.

EVERY University that offers inter-collegiate athletics is going to have practice and class schedule issues. UA is no worse than any and likely as accommodating or more so than most on helping student athletes deal with the rigors of being a student athlete. For someone to consider transferring because they can not take a 10am class is ridiculous IMHO;  especially if they think any other university is going to change there class schedule for HIM/HER. Elite athlete or not, not going to happen anywhere. I am not saying a student athlete cannot get a better education somewhere else and certainly schools have different/better programs, MORE course offerings, and with more time slots. But to say I'm transferring because I do not like the practice schedule, is simply rationalizing and perhaps the student does need to transfer to get educated how silly an excuse this is (IMHO-no offense intended.)

• Like 1

I do not understand not practicing later in the day.  Football always does.  When my son played at UA they always practiced in the afternoon .  As i said before with the success of the program they should have priority for use of practice fields.!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

I never played on a college varsity team; but I do not buy into practice schedule as a reason for leaving UA. I've been around UA coaches and followed UA athletics since 1967; and @UA it has always been about academics first. I do not doubt the grueling schedule a student athlete must keep; but never met a UA coach on any team who would not make allowances for a student's schedule. Also, UA provides tutors and has for years, even before ncaa mandates. Was actually asked more than once to participate as a tutor; but was already working in the University kitchen 20-30 hours a week and as a full time student that was grueling enough for me.

EVERY University that offers inter-collegiate athletics is going to have practice and class schedule issues. UA is no worse than any and likely as accommodating or more so than most on helping student athletes deal with the rigors of being a student athlete. For someone to consider transferring because they can not take a 10am class is ridiculous IMHO;  especially if they think any other university is going to change there class schedule for HIM/HER. Elite athlete or not, not going to happen anywhere. I am not saying a student athlete cannot get a better education somewhere else and certainly schools have different/better programs, MORE course offerings, and with more time slots. But to say I'm transferring because I do not like the practice schedule, is simply rationalizing and perhaps the student does need to transfer to get educated how silly an excuse this is (IMHO-no offense intended.)

I can tell you from direct knowledge that it is an issue. Definitely conflicts as you point out but morning practices makes it much worse.

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I can tell you from direct knowledge that it is an issue. Definitely conflicts as you point out but morning practices makes it much worse.

But my point is that, it would be/is an issue EVERYWHERE. Maybe AM for some maybe PM for others. You cannot please everyone and any school that offers athletics has this issue. Once more, scheduling @ any University has issues for ALL students; athletes or NOT, grad or undergrad, resident or off campus, full or part timers, those like myself that have/had to hold a job while going to school. Of course the size of the University/College and number of course offerings and number of time slots for each offering play into it. Facilities and how much land a school has for facilities and WEATHER and indoor facilities and outdoor, all certainly affect scheduling for academics and sports and clubs and community use and research and etc. MY point UA is as good or BETTER than most schools on providing academic excellence and non-academic opportunities for athletes and non-athletes. And any student that transfers thinking he or his new school will NOT have to deal with scheduling issues, has a lot to learn about school and even more about life. (IMHO)

Edited by dslyank

We can agree to disagree on the impact and wanted to point out that part of TD’s decision was he wanted to pursue academic as well as athletic excellence and the practice structure is a detriment to guys shooting the moon on the field and in the classroom.

Many of the challenging courses are not offered early evening.

12 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

BS call on Nanticoke.  That was a goal and not a penalty.

Agree. Syracuse scored on the exact same play!!!

Edited by HOF2013

Got to be more aggressive!!!!  They are knocking are guys on their ass and we have two guys on an attackman and let him shoot and score.  Come on!!!!  Every year we say the same thing.  We seem to lack aggressiveness!

Edited by HOF2013