UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Back from the game. I was very proud of the way the offense fought back to get us into the game. Jones had a really good effort at the face off.

Cornell is a very talented offensive team, but we were all pulling our hair out in the stands with what was going on the defense. 

I am about to rewatch the game, but I bet at least half of Cornell's goals were from us giving them easy shots,  and not from us losing our one on one match ups.

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

He’ll be gone sooner than that.  Sorry, he’s not in the same mindset as other UA recruited “greats”. 

Looks like he may be a detriment to the team right now.  Offense pulled us even. AND that was after several non-forced errors.  Close Defense has GOT to be better - they just plain got beat.  Time to try some new faces.  Doesn't seem like they could be much worse.  Didn't see Tanner Hay much today.  Did I just miss him.

8 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Looks like he may be a detriment to the team right now.  Offense pulled us even. AND that was after several non-forced errors.  Close Defense has GOT to be better - they just plain got beat.  Time to try some new faces.  Doesn't seem like they could be much worse.  Didn't see Tanner Hay much today.  Did I just miss him.

I can only assume that Hay was sat down after he gave up an easy inside goal in the first half. I don't think I saw him again on the field after that play.  To be fair most of the defense gave up similar goals so I can't say why he was singled out.

You are right about the defense. I don't know if it is a lacrosse IQ or scheme issue. You have to give credit to Cornell. That is a very talented offensive team, but we gave them too many easy opportunities. Dhuly played Teat tight, and Teat still had 5 or 6 points. As a defense you have to know that you can't slide off of your man when Teat has the ball. I don't see any in game corrections from the defense which is why I think it is more coaching.

20 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

We should have had at least 3 more goals and we DID have one that was not called by the refs.  Their goalie caught the ball INSIDE the net, even one announcer said it was a goal!

Wondering what the rule is on this? Is it a save if the goalie catches the ball inside the net before it hits any net or the ground?? Did the official just miss the call and if so why did no one override the call? Definitely looked to be past the goal line and like you said, even announcers saw it that way. Anyone know what the rule is on a situation like this??

Cornell is GOOD!!; but we gave them too many chances by poor defense, UNFORCED TURNOVERS and silly mistakes. Really should have won this game. Siekierski probably had his poorest game, but he did make four incredible saves in the 4th qtr which allowed UA to make a run and tie. He only had 6 saves total through 3. but let's face-it Cornell shots were well placed and shooters wide open pretty much ALL day. On the other hand, not to take anything away from an inspired UA offense, cornell's goalie was pretty awful {and IMHO will probably prevent them from becoming a final four team.} Also noteworthy, we did win the ground ball and face-off battle pretty handily.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Wondering what the rule is on this? Is it a save if the goalie catches the ball inside the net before it hits any net or the ground?? Did the official just miss the call and if so why did no one override the call? Definitely looked to be past the goal line and like you said, even announcers saw it that way. Anyone know what the rule is on a situation like this??

No it should have been called a goal.  They can review but seldom do.

15 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Cornell is GOOD!!; but we gave them too many chances by poor defense, UNFORCED TURNOVERS and silly mistakes. Really should have won this game. Siekierski probably had his poorest game, but he did make four incredible saves in the 4th qtr which allowed UA to make a run and tie. He only had 6 saves total through 3. but let's face-it Cornell shots were well placed and shooters wide open pretty much ALL day. On the other hand, not to take anything away from an inspired UA offense, cornell's goalie was pretty awful {and IMHO will probably prevent them from becoming a final four team.} Also noteworthy, we did win the ground ball and face-off battle pretty handily.

Don't disagree at all!

• Like 1