UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Do we have a new FB coach??   Curome Cox   Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Backs.  We need a D-Line coach!  Thoughts!!

See him in this video>>  

SO I WAS RIGHT!!!

Edited by HOF2013

Of or at doesn’t bother me so much, especially with a new guy. Besides, “of” is used a lot for city named universities. It bothers me way more when I hear sportscasters say Albany with the “Al” like Al Roker.

What is more concerning is that we just hired this guy: https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/21/uconn-football-huskies-fire-defensive-coordinator-billy-crocker-curome-cox

Edited by jimbo

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

Of or at doesn’t bother me so much, especially with a new guy. Besides, “of” is used a lot for city named universities. It bothers me way more when I hear sportscasters say Albany with the “Al” like Al Roker.

What is more concerning is that we just hired this guy: https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/21/uconn-football-huskies-fire-defensive-coordinator-billy-crocker-curome-cox

Not sure blaming a positions coach is worthwhile but who knows.  He does have a very good background, played at Maryland and in the NFL as a D Back..  I think many guys on here are more concerned with Bernard!  In my mind getting a qualified D-Line coach is very important although many coaches are capable of coaching many different positions.  Hell my position coach when I played corner was a 5' 6" local guy who went on to coach with Jimmy Johnson all over the country and became a longtime NFL Offensive Line coach!  PLUS, as we all know recruiting is almost as important as coaching.  You have to have the quality athletes for the level of play your program is at.  

Edited by HOF2013

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's that. Coach Bill Nesselt is now the Def. Line Coach!  From his biography "...The former UMass defensive lineman has worked with linebackers as a coach and was a former interim defensive coordinator at Ferrum. He has also worked with video coordination and strength and conditioning programs...."

So at least he was Def. Lineman..........

Edited by HOF2013

• 2 months later...

NEW COACHING Assistant   (I think)

Jacob Alsadek
@jacobalsadek
Arizona Football Alumni. May god have mercy on my enemies because I will not.

UAlbany Offensive Assistant   6' 7" 313 lbs