UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #30: 3/2/19 - 5:00PM @ Hartford

Eli

I know Healy is only a freshman, and this might not be a fair statement,  but I hope he does not turn into Cremo.

Cremo missed several shots late in games. He was not a clutch player. Healy has been doing the same. I really hope I'm wrong.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I know Healy is only a freshman, and this might not be a fair statement,  but I hope he does not turn into Cremo.

Cremo missed several shots late in games. He was not a clutch player. Healy has been doing the same. I really hope I'm wrong.  

Way to early for that... 

Lose consecutive games to the third worst team in the NCAA and then blow a 22 point lead.  Who wants to defend the coaching staff?  This staff is tired and unaware of how to make any adjustments.  This isn’t a a talent thing. Talent gets you 22 point leads.  Bad coaching squanders them. 

Just now, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Lose consecutive games to the third worst team in the NCAA and then blow a 22 point lead.  Who wants to defend the coaching staff?  This staff is tired and unaware of how to make any adjustments.  This isn’t a a talent thing. Talent gets you 22 point leads.  Bad coaching squanders them. 

Yeah... Im sure the guy forgot how to coach after like 6 20+ win seasons and 5 ncaa trips. Stop it... Albany was like a 14pt dog on the road. Hartford is #1 experienced team in the country and did what those types of teams do and kept battling. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Way to early for that... 

Agreed but remember Cremo his freshman year missed the front end of a 1 and 1 to win the game.  And also missed a layup to win the game. He had several others his sophomore and Jr years. I'm just pointing out that it started as a freshman and continued.  

16 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

What I will say is defense is alarming.  The amount of easy layups due to no rotation is ridiculous.  That is coaching and I'll give u that.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

What I will say is defense is alarming.  The amount of easy layups due to no rotation is ridiculous.  That is coaching and I'll give u that.  

Defense is also something they don't play or teach in highschool..and it doesn't need to be stated again but maybe it does..most the team is freshman who are learning to understand and learning how to play  D for the first time. Looking forward to next season with sophomores with a year under their belt.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

Another random observation

Watching enough games in person at home and the away.. regarding turnovers.. you can see most of them are due to miscommunication rather than steals (well outside of Clark who doesn't protect the ball that well) It seems most the time the players turnover due to not knowing where others are on the court, bobbled balls. Another thing I hope gets better once the team has a year under their belt. Can't underestimate team chemistry and strength training. Time will hopefully help that.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Here we go again.  Where were you when they beat #2 SBU and destroyed #3 UMBC? This is a REALLY young team. Your fire Brown bit is dumb. Let it go.  He's not going anywhere unless they suck for 3-4 years straight. 

After the 0-5 conference start I thought they wouldn't win more than 2-3 conference games.  Now that they have won 6 I feel good about the future.  Next year should be even better but I'm mostly looking towards the year after to be a true contender.  

de Sousa had a really rough game tonight.  As MRSGDG said, Dunn did an unbelievable job on Healy.  Just blanket defense.  Gave him hardly any room.  I didn't think it was a push off by Cam in OT and he hit that step back 3, which would've been big.  It looked like after Twyman's 3rd three he ran down the court staring at Brown holding up the 3 fingers.  I might be wrong but looked like it.  I remember his comments after he left and Albany lost in the first round of the tourney.  Wasn't cool. He had a career high 9 points today.  Ha!

I'm happy for Campbell.  He needed a game like this. 

Team inexperience really showed once again today.  

On to the next one.