UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMASS Up Next on Tuesday

U Mass could be tough.  They lost to Yale in overtime.  I wonder if we will get any respect after this game.  Likely not since we lost.  I think we are a better team over-all.  Can not continue to have unforced turnovers, Had two key ones near the end of the game.  Both killers!  Close Defense HAS TO BE BETTER.

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Game has been changed to 3pm!

Oh good. It might still be above 25 degrees when the game ends, otherwise with a 5:00 start it would be near 20.

At what point would they move the game indoors or postpone? I remember when a game vs. Maryland was moved, but that was colder with a lot of wind chill.

is it time for something different on defense? Goalie play and face off play other than the Drexel game when Jones was out sick haven't been the issue. What was supposed to be an area of strength led by experienced players is giving up 14 goals per game with a massive possession advantage against Cornell and ZERO man down situations.

Are the individual pieces less than the combined parts? There seems to be no communications or trust. I don't know which it is or are there other guys who can play better as a defensive unit? We have seen lots of tinkering on offense and Coach Thomson was very creative, but not seeing anything different on defense.

• Like 2

New young coach on Def and Marr lets coaches have full reign - Maloney seems unsure of making moves.  Marr has to step in maybe.  Guys standing around against Cornell and Watching - that is what pisses me off.  I do not understand standing and watching plays instead of MOVING feet and getting in front, OR leaving guys wide open to get inside passes.   Players not moving on close def.!!!   Cornell was NOT a better team than us!  We still having no respect on polls and Cornell is still # 3.  

Laffin is still hurt on Off.  Some guys get beat and get beat and are still in and others seem to get beat once and are out!!!!  What's that all about?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaneForLife said:

is it time for something different on defense? Goalie play and face off play other than the Drexel game when Jones was out sick haven't been the issue. What was supposed to be an area of strength led by experienced players is giving up 14 goals per game with a massive possession advantage against Cornell and ZERO man down situations.

Are the individual pieces less than the combined parts? There seems to be no communications or trust. I don't know which it is or are there other guys who can play better as a defensive unit? We have seen lots of tinkering on offense and Coach Thomson was very creative, but not seeing anything different on defense.

I'll take a stab at it.

First of all I think Dhluy and Filiipowski are having solid years. I don't see anything radically different between what Gleason was doing and what Maloney is doing as a defensive coordinator. They both have the separate man down unit, and the sliding packages last year seemed helter skelter as well, but this year seems a bit worse.

I didn't catch Marr on the radio today, but I heard he said something about lack of execution on defense. Ball watching, not having your head on a swivel, knowing that Teat is a feeder and that you can't slide to him isn't execution in my book.

I don't think the other two guys who are playing a lot of close defense minutes are doing a poor job on their one on one assignments either. In fact I would probably lean to say they are doing a pretty good job, but the collective team defense is a mess, especially against teams who move the ball well. We fair better against teams that try more direct dodging and try to beat you one on one.

If the plan is to play the four guys who are currently playing it seems we need to simplify things, because what they are being asked to do just isn't working, but the biggest issue continues to be LSM and SSDM defense. Look at the scoring in the Syracuse and Cornell game.

Pretty good analysis!!   Individuals keep getting beat one on one.  That will affect team def and make the team look worse over-all!

The UAlbany Sports Administration and Scott Marr understand that we live in a region that can be brutally cold this time of year.  How many fans were sucked into buying season tickets for a 500 PM start?  How many are unable to leave work for a 300 PM start?  Shame on UAlbany!!!