UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMASS Up Next on Tuesday

8 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Compliance is a PC group that has gone overboard on this one .  I actually like a coach who is transparent and says what he thinks!!!

I don't know how these things work.

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

I'm in the camp that Marr went to far...really made UA look bad claiming NCAA suspended the kid. 

Same. It is now sounding like compliance as HOF said proactively or for overly PC reasons suspended Nanticoke, and Marr took the opportunity to blame the NCAA for an internal UA process.

12 minutes ago, DaneForLife said:

I don't know how these things work.

Same. It is now sounding like compliance as HOF said proactively or for overly PC reasons suspended Nanticoke, and Marr took the opportunity to blame the NCAA for an internal UA process.

Yep.  But I do not mind a transparent coach speaking his mind.  He blamed the NCAA BUT compliance is responsible for enforcing stupid NCAA rules.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I'm in the camp that Marr went to far...really made UA look bad claiming NCAA suspended the kid. 

Got to disagree. Stand with the coach. IMHO Nanticoke would be on a long suspension if coach did NOT stand up to them. Perhaps Scott was a little too abrasive; but compliance/ncaa are the true bad guys here. STUPID RULES, SELECTIVELY ENFORCED. UA and especially lacrosse have been been treated unfairly or at least unequally time and again. Whether it be seeding or travel or whatever; how is the coach suppose to know they MIGHT overlook this incident. Personally, I think the ncaa would have come down hard on UA, if Scott had not stood up so forcibly. The only mistake coach made {in my opinion} is the way he attacked contributed to the TEAMS distraction. But make no mistake the distraction was there even before his "over reaction." Also, the ncaa comes out "looking" like the "good guy" here; but IMHO they are NOT!

Getting back to the game:  man-up  --  man-down has been an issue since last year. Yesterday mass 2-3; UA 0-5; minus 7 discrepancy. Two years ago our man-down D, #1 in the country. Last year not even close. Even with our final four appearance last year our man-up efficiency was not good. Might just not have the manpower anymore or coaching flailings??  Thoughts??

I do not understand it EXCEPT to say we have never been good against a zone.  Our Offense not getting any inside shots is an example.  We just can't see to get cutters coming across clean in front of the crease. EVERY other team does.  We just don't seem to be able to beat the zone.  The 20 second 80 second clock make it easier for teams to use the zone.  For some reason our Offense just has never been able to beat it.  

2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

This has nothing to do with “PC.” It’s about cautiously staying clear of the NCAA knowing we won’t get a break like a Big 10 team would.

Sorry but it is PC in my mind.  I am the least PC person you would ever meet  and like it or not it permeates our society and our sports today!!!  

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Got to disagree. Stand with the coach. IMHO Nanticoke would be on a long suspension if coach did NOT stand up to them. Perhaps Scott was a little too abrasive; but compliance/ncaa are the true bad guys here. STUPID RULES, SELECTIVELY ENFORCED. UA and especially lacrosse have been been treated unfairly or at least unequally time and again. Whether it be seeding or travel or whatever; how is the coach suppose to know they MIGHT overlook this incident. Personally, I think the ncaa would have come down hard on UA, if Scott had not stood up so forcibly. The only mistake coach made {in my opinion} is the way he attacked contributed to the TEAMS distraction. But make no mistake the distraction was there even before his "over reaction." Also, the ncaa comes out "looking" like the "good guy" here; but IMHO they are NOT!

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!   Well said!  

• Like 1