UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Univ of Michigan will receive $173.8 mil from Nike over the next 5 years while the student athletes are required to play the part of unpaid walking billboards for the company. But let's suspend @Tehoka1 for tagging a company that strings lacrosse sticks. Makes sense to me...

• Like 3

Ya know, if he does leave and goes pro, I honestly can't blame him. Would you? He has the talent and ability and he's trying to do the right thing and get an education and compete with a strong college program that plays strong if not elite college programs to to show off and improve his skills. If the NCAA is gonna go after him for garbage like this, why waste the time when you know NLL, MLL and the PLL will line up to take him in a heart beat.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I honestly now feel horrible that I thought this was all him and off the field issues. Total jump to conclusion. If anything, and I don't want to blame the SID or the AD, the idea UA used term "internal matters" made me go in that direction. However, the idea that this is the issue is utter nonsense. He tagged a string lace company. Come on man!

The national lacrosse media is picking up on the story now:

Guilty also of several ideas that I thought could be reasons why he was out for " internal matters".  Marr did say that he found out last Friday at 10:30am.  I guess you keep it under your hat till after Cornell game so they don't have a chance to change their game plan.  

My assumption is that the suspension will last as long as the investigation takes to prove he wasn't paid for any endorsement he may have given the company.

Definitely a stupid reason for a suspension, but what if Zion Williamson tweeted about his shoes and tagged Adidas saying he liked theirs better than the Nike shoe that ripped. What would the NCAA do then?

These kids need to be trained about what they can and can not do publicly.

Edited by godanesgo99

Has the NCAA come out and confirm this yet? I mean he's been doing this since last year tagging different companies stringing his stick in his instagram stories. If they decide to suspend him now over this seems strange to me. I saw the post the other day, but didn't think anything of it because he's always done it.

I'm gonna assume the compliance office for UA informed Coach Marr and told him to hold him out to prevent the NCAA for cracking down on the program. It's still bs NCAA regulations they are trying to follow and will take them some garbage amount of time to deal with.

thought this was an interesting response to Bilas tweet:

30 minutes ago, UAFAN said:

That was fast.  Not that the NCAA cares what the public thinks of them, wonder if some of the tweets got their attention and they rushed into deciding due to our game tomorrow.