UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

PLL Week 3: Tensions Flare in Another Pair of OT Games.
About ½ way through the highlites; Blaze Riordan and Troy Rae from the Chaos team fighting team Redwoods. Looked like WWF--scripted and fake. Still have my doubts about this league---one owner, no home cities/attachments--smells of exhibitionism.

ps Connor had 4 goals and I think 1 assist, Miles also played well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dslyank said:

PLL Week 3: Tensions Flare in Another Pair of OT Games.
About ½ way through the highlites; Blaze Riordan and Troy Rae from the Chaos team fighting team Redwoods. Looked like WWF--scripted and fake. Still have my doubts about this league---one owner, no home cities/attachments--smells of exhibitionism.

ps Connor had 4 goals and I think 1 assist, Miles also played well.

I wonder  if the world tour is a way of figuring out where to place franchises long term. I didn't see an attendance figure, but there appeared to be more butts in seats this week despite the rain.

The production value of the games is much better than the MLL so we'll see. The fact that we are seeing pro lacrosse on NBC is pretty exciting and the games have been entertaining even with the WWE fights.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

The fact that we are seeing pro lacrosse on NBC is pretty exciting

Got to disagree with you on this one. WWF on major networks and pay per view, does not make it a legitimate sport. For that matter; "Survivor", "Ninja Warriors" and other reality based nonsense on major networks pretty much every night of the week. I guess you can call these competitions, but "sports" NOT (IMHO). And not to insult horse racing fans especially with Saratoga in my back yard (I've never been there), got to question calling horse racing "sport." Each to their own I guess.

Anyhow, not saying PLL falls in these categories; only saying I hope it does NOT. One owner, no home allegiances, NBC contracts with no real live reliable revenue base (i.e. home fans) scares me a lot.

Edited by dslyank

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 10:16 PM, cwdickens said:

Can one obtain tickets for the PLL August games at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium?

Yes through U Albany sports.  Season Ticket holders all got pre-public opportunity.  I got mine.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 2:26 PM, statefan said:

Connor Fields was the 4th player selected for the PLL All Star game ( 2nd player chosen on Matt Rambo's team).

7. Connor Fields, PLL, Chaos

Is there a greater success story in lacrosse than Connor Fields? He played the better part of two seasons at Albany with what amounts to a peg leg. Dude was [figuratively] a pirate that almost stole the Tewaaraton. Now he runs with the power of two fully functional lower appendages and is the talisman of the entire Chaos team. He would be much higher on this list were it not for his turnovers, but with the way that his team plays, turnovers seem to matter less than his role as the leader of that deadly offense. Expect Field’s assist totals to increase once the attack spots around him begin to crystalize.

From Inside Lacrosse article Top 20 players in MLL & PLL. [note Lyle was #2.]