UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Well We have to do it - Maryland coming in on Saturday!

11 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Beat the Terps!

Done it before, maybe they'll come out and play great Saturday after the debacle the other day!!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Need a BIG win to get confidence and mojo back. Not sure if  "good effort" or close is enough. Maybe I am overreacting, but Saturday could be "turning point' of the season, one way or another.

Your right, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades as the saying goes. The other members of the AE are 8-18 combined and a tourney bid will be thru the AE.  Nobody in AE stands out so far.  A loss to Maryland and Yale later should not affect the season when we play average AE teams.  May mean we have no shot to win an NCAA game vs a 2 or 3 seed but let's get there first and maybe the team comes together by then.

7 hours ago, dslyank said:

Need a BIG win to get confidence and mojo back. Not sure if  "good effort" or close is enough. Maybe I am overreacting, but Saturday could be "turning point' of the season, one way or another.

Don't agree.  League Schedule coming and the league is TERRIBLE over-all this year.

13 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Don't agree.  League Schedule coming and the league is TERRIBLE over-all this year.

I tend to agree. While a win would be huge, as bad as last week was on multiple fronts the team has to play good, hard lacrosse for sixty minutes, and get it together before league play starts next week. I think we all knew this year the way to the NCAA's would be winning the AE tourney.

Just watched on Youtube a 20 min highlight video of last years UA/Maryland game.  Boy do we miss Fields.  His dodging, ball handling, vision, and leadership is sorely missing this year.  

He was the perfect player coming in, playing with Lyle for his freshman season, and learning from the best.  Then last year Tehoka comes in and has a season with Fields to learn.  Don't think we can expect the same results if he even stays two more years.  True, different body makeup and playing style, but also different attitude, leadership, and fellow team chemistry.

Someone needs to step up and take the leadership role and Tehoka is not it.  I would say Kyle McClancy last year could have done it if no Fields.  He is gone too.  AF2018, any thoughts or have you seen anyone taking that lead?  

Actually players think Tehoka is a pretty good leader!!!!!  

We'll see how everything works out throughout the year.

Edited by HOF2013

21 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Game is now listed on americaeast.tv

21 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Game is now listed on americaeast.tv

Thanks. I was hoping a game like this would be streamed on espn3 or + as it’s easier to watch on Tv. Oh well