UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Benson's Contract

kikuria

I am not a Twitter guy so I have not seen any of the tweets about Brown.  A down year considering who transfered out after the season and left him in a lurch is not grounds for dismissal.  Certainly over the next three years if this group of youngsters are only a .500 team and  quarterfinal losers every year,  then they have a case.  The only negative on Brown this year is the last minute JUCOs did not pan out.  Mostly, they are like throwing darts at a dart board blindfolded most of the time anyway.  Only other thing to say about Brown is the transfers out usually due to playing time.  Give him credit this year for not going 7 deep as he likes to do.  De Sousa may have left if he was glued to the bench.  He now knows he can start for 3 years.  

Time has flown. Brown has only 2 years left on the current contract and if there is tension between the AD and him it’s doubtful they’d be extending him this off season. With the Fairfield job opening up it wouldn’t surprise me if he’d be interested in that.

On 3/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, MRSGDG said:

I think he means the President per Sarge's last note, not Benson..(?).

I'm sure Pres Rodriguez email, Twitter and phone number are listed on the UA site some place.

Crud.  I should have read more clearly but in my defense, my eyes haven't completely adjusted to the light since I have emerged from my hole.

31 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

What happens if Brown doesn’t win a championship over the next two seasons?  That will be 6 straight seasons without a chip.  

Will brown with a chip on his shoulder/something to prove is when he’s at his best. A little heat even if it’s from the horrible AD I think is good.

Brown could never win another title and as long as he puts out .500% or better teams, he is a UA lifer. Guy has earned that. IMO. If he has 5 years of 10-13 win teams, that's a different story. But if he continues to have 18-20 win teams and doesn't win the title, I think he has a lifetime contract if he wants it.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2