UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Benson's Contract

kikuria

On 3/12/2019 at 5:05 PM, Dane96 said:

I'm telling you, as an attorney who works SOLELY on public projects, including MANY in New York state (including with Albany)...what I stated is a fact about sole sourcing.  

I have no doubt that you are 100 percent right . I know zero and I mean zero about stadium bids. However I called my contacts at the state today and they sent me this. It's very recent and will be very interested what it exactly means. Will find out more in the upcoming days.  And of course this is a bid job. 

https://www.nyscr.ny.gov/iframes/openAdDetail.cfm?id=33F0DB83-78FE-48DA-A934-573B39C9022B

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I have no doubt that you are 100 percent right . I know zero and I mean zero about stadium bids. However I called my contacts at the state today and they sent me this. It's very recent and will be very interested what it exactly means. Will find out more in the upcoming days.  And of course this is a bid job. 

https://www.nyscr.ny.gov/iframes/openAdDetail.cfm?id=33F0DB83-78FE-48DA-A934-573B39C9022B

This is a huge deal and first indication officially that it's happening. 

48 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

This is very clear.  It’s a statement of qualifications request from architectural and engineering firms.  Key words: varsity athletics and fan experience.  

Unless they are fast tracking this, I would presume all official drawings, permitting, environmental, etc have to be completed by the 2021 date.  Also coincides with when the phys ed building is completed with upgrades.  Have to think phys ed building is temporary home since it seats 2400 or so. Likely some games at TUC.  IF....big IF, this goes to plan...2023 new digs.  

12 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

This is very clear.  It’s a statement of qualifications request from architectural and engineering firms.  Key words: varsity athletics and fan experience.  

Unless they are fast tracking this, I would presume all official drawings, permitting, environmental, etc have to be completed by the 2021 date.  Also coincides with when the phys ed building is completed with upgrades.  Have to think phys ed building is temporary home since it seats 2400 or so. Likely some games at TUC.  IF....big IF, this goes to plan...2023 new digs.  

That's kind of what I meant. As I'm sure you know there is normally a dollar amount attached to these things. The people I spoke with did not know that information but will find out.  The whole project will either need to be completed by 2021 or just the planning as you stated above. That's what I was trying to find out.  

We are (were).  Benson (allegedly) told some on this board something to the effect of "yeah, right" and referred to money.

A new Field House is going to be a minimum of $15 million.

Again, my biggest gripe with the front office is where is the push to say "hey folks, we want to build X, Y, and Z, would you consider donating."

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

ODUs stadium is nice, but way too big for what we need. Give me a Quinnipiac or Monmouth type place. Or even something like Stony Brook. I think an arena around the capacity of 4K with all chairbacks is perfect. 

This...no need for anything over 4k honestly. We have a hard time filling even half the place now. Considering this will be a multi-use facility maybe seating count of more is important but for basketball 3500-4200 is perfect.