UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Benson's Contract

kikuria

The Master Plan is a university-wide document, so while the athletic department would've had input, it didn't have a free hand. And as I recall the SEFCU renovations were all about athletes and nothing to do with spectators, so if there are any seating/amenities improvements proposed they're recent.

Edit - 2012 Master Plan. SEFCU arena on page 120 

https://www.albany.edu/facilities/fmp/

Edited by UAalum72
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kikuria said:

I thought the 'master-plan' was put together between 2010-2012 (someone please correct me if dates are off.)  Assuming this is accurate, wouldn't it have been done of McElroy's watch? Meaning the bid is going out under Benson but was planned for by others.

There is an updated master plan that is under his tenure... Athletic specific. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

It wasn't much, didn't have the actual RFP, but had a contact to get the RFP document from. May have only been turf replacement. Don't remember. I look at the reporter everyday for work, but I don't get alerts for this type of stuff as it isn't what my company does. If I remember at work tomorrow I'll post. My login credentials are saved on my computer and I forget my password lol.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, MRSGDG said:

Lol this thread really has gone derailed. How did this become the butts in their seat thread 2.0. attention span is quite small lol. Look at the shiny thing over here.

Does anyone have anything to add about Mark Benson and his employment performance? 

17 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Does anyone have anything to add about Mark Benson and his employment performance? 

Title IX numbers are out for last year.  Using the Office of Civil Rights method of counting, the school is 86 spots short.  I'm pretty sure that that was year 2 of 3 of the agreement with the OCR. Benson hasn't made a lick of progress let alone resolved the issue.   Upside - doesn't look like it's gotten worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kikuria said:

Title IX numbers are out for last year.  Using the Office of Civil Rights method of counting, the school is 86 spots short.  I'm pretty sure that that was year 2 of 3 of the agreement with the OCR. Benson hasn't made a lick of progress let alone resolved the issue.   Upside - doesn't look like it's gotten worse.

Again, does anyone have anything to add about Mark Benson and his employment performance? 

2 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Again, does anyone have anything to add about Mark Benson and his employment performance? 

He's great, deserves an extension ASAP. He's particularly adapt at building new facilities and rewarding winning football coaches. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1