UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Looking forward to 2019/2020

Well, season has come to an end. Saw this article and thought it was interesting especially the DeSousa piece...and a few words about Jerotic. 

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-hopes-rebuilding-year-develops-into-13677697.php

A lot to look forward to with two great recruits in the fold but desperately need help with a true PG should something open up. 

Edited by Clickclack

8 minutes ago, KingDane said:

A lot is going to have to do with how much we need Clark to play point guard. I think he is very talented, but misfits to the point where he is too often a detraction. 

I think he'd be quite good in 20mpg off the ball...I agree, I think he is talented but needs a more structure role with a define set of operating instructions instead of running the point and getting the whole team working. 

I have tried to stay as positive as possible on all members of the team this year, and I know that Clark infuriates at lot of people with how he forced so many shots, but I really think you would have a different opinion of Clark if the bigs had better hands. Clark led the league with 4.3 assists per game (next closest was 3.8) and he probably would have averaged well over 5 had so many balls not gone through the hands of the bigs. Get those guys to strengthen their hands and he doesn't force as many bad shots and gets more assists. 

Edited by godanesgo99

According to VerbalCommits.com, the Danes are involved in the recruitment of two guards from Buffalo, 6-foot Noah Hutchins and 6-3 Greg Nolan,

Anyone know anything about these two?  Could either be a solution @ the point?? 

Curious about the praise for Jerotic. Diamond in the rough or just coach speak? Also, Flory still getting some coach speak?

IMHO hope we have not given up on French. I like his hustle and given some experience and maybe the weight room over the summer, I think he has more of an upside than Lauderdale. Good rebounder and only big without stone hands. 

22 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Anyone know anything about these two?  Could either be a solution @ the point?? 

Curious about the praise for Jerotic. Diamond in the rough or just coach speak? Also, Flory still getting some coach speak?

IMHO hope we have not given up on French. I like his hustle and given some experience and maybe the weight room over the summer, I think he has more of an upside than Lauderdale. Good rebounder and only big without stone hands. 

Hutchins is going prep...Dolan is an option but I gotta believe all avenues are being investigated including grad transfers. 

I like this thread. But I'll tell u guys this. Huggggeee offseason . I have not given up on Clark as the Point guard either. He had a tremendous about of talent. They need to teach him to be a pg. 

A grad transfer point guard , unless unbelievable, does not help us. I want a point guard for our freshmans jr and sr years. 

I think best case scenario is a proven division 1 transfer.  Let him sit out a year and learn.  Then be ready in two years when our freshman are jrs. 

Edited by UA1882

7 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I like this thread. But I'll tell u guys this. Huggggeee offseason . I have not given up on Clark as the Point guard either. He had a tremendous about of talent. They need to teach him to be a pg. 

A grad transfer point guard , unless unbelievable, does not help us. I want a point guard for our freshmans jr and sr years. 

I think best case scenario is a proven division 1 transfer.  Let him sit out a year and learn.  Then be ready in two years when our freshman are jrs. 

No PG next year, will struggle to get to .500 IMO

I could be 100 percent wrong but I think Clark CAN be a point guard.  I really do. They need to work, work, work , work with him . Teach him . That's what coaches do. 

I think the following year is much more important then next year. Also we went 12 -20 this year. If we cant improve by 4 wins (16-16) returning almost everyone then that's 100 percent coaching . 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Then have them pony up for a remodel...

This hah. Brown with state of the art facilities will win and win BIG. Guy is already recruiting great players with probably some of the worst facilities in the AE.

18 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Some have...just saying.

There is money in a pot, that was not secured by Benson, from my understanding.  And it 'aint a small pot.  We are talking multiple millions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

They can be also deep pockets who are pro WB and donors to the University as a whole (including non Athletics donors). School wouldn't  want to piss those ppl off either. Everything is connected, people are connected... Athletics might want to to be it's own fiefdom but they aren't in a vacuum.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 3