UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 games - how many W's would satiate you?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on this schedule, what does Gattuso need to do in order to show positive momentum or not lose you as a fan. 

8/29 @Central Michigan

9/7 Bryant

9/14 @ Monmouth

9/21 Lafayette

9/28 William & Mary

10/5 @Richmond

10/12 @Towson

10/19 Rhode Island

10/26  Bye

11/2 Maine

11/9 @ Delaware

11/16 New Hampshire

11/23 @Stony Brook

Edited by Clickclack

I put 6+ but honestly if we improve statistically in my spreadsheet and are mostly in the green then that's success (17-18 green categories). Even if we end up losing nail biters. But short of that...its a failure all around. 

For reference:

4s1qgz.png

Edited by Eli

• 4 weeks later...

This is an easy schedule. No excuses, we need to be 4-1 or 5-0 after the first 4 weeks!!! Central Michigan is not a great team but they still are FBS. Bryant, Monmouth, Lafayette and Wm & Mary  HAS TO BE  W's!!!! Richmond and Rhode Island are very beatable teams. Towson, Delaware and Maine will be real tests for UA. New Hampshire and Stony Brook fall into the category of overrated. Last season we lost 4 games in the 4th QTR because of a horrific secondary. A Seven or Eight win season will be successful. A 6-6 record means there is still work to be done and anything less than that is a disaster.

I am with GG all the way to the National Title or until a regime change is made. No negativity will ever come from me about our staff. If they falter they will be terminated.  There will be radical improvement or at least there should be. They have kept some good players in Mofor, Holmes, McDonald etc. The OL should be more experienced. RB's will be ok with the addition of the Rutgers and Coastal Carolina kid. The DL and LB's should be improved. The DB's can only get better as they were absolutely awful and the reason for all of our 4th Qtr collapses. Delaware and Wm & Mary come to mind. 

7-5  or  8-4 are my current expectations.

Edited by MRuler 79
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

I am with GG all the way to the National Title or until a regime change is made. No negativity will ever come from me about our staff. If they falter they will be terminated.

I know I'm beating a dead horse but THAT is the problem. They aren't/won't.

I'm as hopeful as anyone this year.

Edited by Eli

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

You are entitled to that position even if you are being taken advantage of by a loser coach. 

How and why am I being taken advantage of???   I just support the program and the staff while they are here.  I would do the same for any coaches in the program at my school!!

7 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

How and why am I being taken advantage of???   I just support the program and the staff while they are here.  I would do the same for any coaches in the program at my school!!

You go to Chipotle every day and spend your hard earned money, they spit in your burrito daily...while taking your money. Listen, you can do as you wish, the part that bothers me is you saying "if you are in, you are in, end of story" as if those of us who hold him accountable by withholding our financial support are in some way lesser fans because we are less "in". I think it's a ridiculous take and you got called out on it. You are free to be "in" to the point where he's literally pissing in your Cheerios but please don't tell us what it means to be a true fan.  

For the record, I voted 4-6 wins...I'm trying to be reasonable as I know this will take time to turn around after he's destroyed the program and am willing to be patient IF he shows positive progress. So far it's been all down-hill.

Edited by Clickclack

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

If he in fact destroyed the program, why would anyone think he will be able to resurrect it?  

There are plenty of redemption stories both in sports and in other walks of life. Maybe at some point he'll learn how to run a successful program. Results are what he is judged on and right now they are absolutely dreadful. As we've discussed many times, most other places he would have been fired long ago, we can't afford to right now and that is his saving grace. 

Maybe he figures it out this year...because right now the program is a mess. I mean, we just had a spring game, there is zero commentary, no media reports...NOTHING! That alone screams volume about where Gattuso has taken this program. But like I said, hopefully it survives with or without him.