UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 games - how many W's would satiate you?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Eli said:

All we want is to win. If Gattuso can win, then hell, sign him to extensions until he doesn't win. The only thing I ask is to not give him an extension when he has multiple years left and to not make the extensions more than 2 years at a clip. No long term ones please!

It's never been personal. If he can start winning 8 games a year or more, keep him here.

I would like to suggest look beyond GG.  Yes, if he can string two winning seasons (2019 & 2020) extend his contract for two additional years with eye on succession planning.   Can our sports administration think long term?  One crazy thought:  If the season plays out in our favor at.8 or 9 wins will GG  look to move on? Go to the next level.

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I would like to suggest look beyond GG.  Yes, if he can string two winning seasons (2019 & 2020) extend his contract for two additional years with eye on succession planning.   Can our sports administration think long term?  One crazy thought:  If the season plays out in our favor at.8 or 9 wins will GG  look to move on? Go to the next level.

Even with a successful season, I’d have to think he’d be low on the radar screens of most FBS programs. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Really guys? Two weeks ago everyone here wanted him fired, now we are talking COY and FBS? Listen, great win last week but this is still the dude that lost to Monmouth and Richmond and has a horrific, eye-bleeding type of record. 

He's all our, good or bad. 

For the record, I wasn't suggesting that he SHOULD win COY, I just found it funny that it could actually happen. Take a team that was expected to finish the season at 2-10 and then have them finish near the top of the CAA at 7-5 or 8-4 and that can many times turn into awards. My comment was tongue in cheek humor based on how low the opinions are of him of many on this board. 

As far as moving on to a bigger program, I doubt that happens even if the team finishes at 9-3, although it would make many on this board happy, and would be the best case scenario for UA as it wouldn't have to buy him out of his contract. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, godanesgo99 said:

Here is a fun one...

Team was picked last in the CAA to start the season. Let's say the team goes 3-2 over the last 5 games to finish the season at 7-5, with a 5-3 mark in the CAA. Does that get GG CAA coach of the year? 

Never thought I would read anyone suggest that on this board this season, much less me. Lol.

Just wanted to bump this as I was laughed at for making this comment. Let's see what happens lol

On 10/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, godanesgo99 said:

Here is a fun one...

Team was picked last in the CAA to start the season. Let's say the team goes 3-2 over the last 5 games to finish the season at 7-5, with a 5-3 mark in the CAA. Does that get GG CAA coach of the year? 

Never thought I would read anyone suggest that on this board this season, much less me. Lol.

No, Greg will not be selected as CAA Coach of the Year.  This goes to the JMU coach.

I'm not saying he is going to win, but he isn't out of the conversation. JMU is expected to have seasons like this every year.

When I originally wrote it, it was tongue in cheek as the message board was still in a negative place at the time. I don't think anyone thought they would hit 7-5, much less 8-4. 

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/college/evaluating-the-candidates-for-caa-football-awards/article_b3a2f83c-f2a8-5fd0-be21-4560b8f5f0a3.html

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Not just the CAA award. Per the T-U https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Gattuso-leads-UAlbany-football-s-turnaround-14861865.php Gattuso was named Monday as one of 15 finalists for the Eddie Robinson Award, which goes to the FCS Coach of the Year.

I know, he won't win that either

10 hours ago, cwdickens said:

No, Greg will not be selected as CAA Coach of the Year.  This goes to the JMU coach.

Why would the JMU coach be picked.  They have been winning every year without him.  Just took over a super program and continued along the same path..........

10 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm not saying he is going to win, but he isn't out of the conversation. JMU is expected to have seasons like this every year.

When I originally wrote it, it was tongue in cheek as the message board was still in a negative place at the time. I don't think anyone thought they would hit 7-5, much less 8-4. 

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/college/evaluating-the-candidates-for-caa-football-awards/article_b3a2f83c-f2a8-5fd0-be21-4560b8f5f0a3.html

Article is right on EXCEPT Juwan Green has had a better year than UM Edwards's 1,097 receiving yards and 11 touchdown

10 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Exactly correct.  A coach who takes the last place finishing team from one year which is expected to finish last AGAIN and takes them to 2nd in the CAA AND the FCS playoffs absolutely should and will get lots of consideration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Exactly correct.  A coach who takes the last place finishing team from one year which is expected to finish last AGAIN and takes them to 2nd in the CAA AND the FCS playoffs absolutely should and will get lots of consideration.

This...you can't be picked dead last, screech into the post season in the #2 spot and not get some SERIOUS consideration. In fact, he'd be my pick. 

• Like 1