UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 games - how many W's would satiate you?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Let me just say that SEFCU is nice, but Dutch is just fine too...a little extra exercise does us good.

You're my guy Jimbo but that's crazy talk when it's the dead of winter with a negative windchill hahah. 

I have a lot of issues with Mr. Benson, but parking is NOT "really" one of them. I say really, because if I have an issue at all with parking; it is, I feel {and have said so over the years} that the parking and routing is a distraction for the casual fans. We drive people away by making it so complicated and confusing getting into UA. I have more than once mentioned the Dome as being far worse. Go to a game at Marist and you'd kiss the ground at Dutch February or not. Bob87 has been to more away games than probably anyone else on this blog and I'm pretty sure he would agree Dutch is a much easier walk than most other campuses. I understand the need for loyalty and rewarding season ticket holders and donors etc. but believe it or not I would gladly switch from SEFCU to Dutch, if UA had a program that WELCOMED and ENCOURAGED people to UA (say FREE parking, first come first served and no 2.5 mile loop to get into a spot.)

That all being said, the policy in place now rewarding donors, season ticket holders etc, using a priority point system is as FAIR as any. If you have an issue or feel there may be an error in your priority status, Justin Brown is very accommodating. 

5 hours ago, Eli said:

You're my guy Jimbo but that's crazy talk when it's the dead of winter with a negative windchill hahah. 

Which is why I’ll be in FLA watching the games on a computer while you hardy gents are trying to get the feeling back in your toes! 

Oh, and I’m talking football season here, not trekking across the frozen tundra in Jan and Feb.  

Edited by jimbo
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Winning cures all. 

Several people who have been outspoken critics of the staff have even made positive remarks lately giving "credit where credit is due."

With the big win this week, and the team getting some votes in the FCS poll this week, I thought it might be time to revisit this thread.

The team now has 4 wins on the season, and really should have 6 at this point if not for some troubles kicking and a few things not working out. With 5 games to go, where do you think we need to finish now for the "off with his head" attitude to subside until next season?

We’ve had too many years of woulda shoulda coulda. They’ve got all the offensive tools you could ask for especially if Burns can be consistent. The D has improved. I’m still looking for 7 wins plus, barring any big time injury losses. They’ve a real shot at going 4-4 or better in conference which would be big. They were competitive with CMU and the two other losses were due to bad place kicking and turnovers, plus a penalty party in Richmond.  If they keep focus they can do it and JU should get better each week. Mofor makes you forget EB and Green, Reeves, McDonald and Wisnewski are the “Dev Who?” Squad. Unfortunately Green, Reeves and DMac are all seniors. 

I asked 4-6 wins...I have my four. I feel marginally better in that they have obviously found an elite level QB. It took 5+ years but I'm glad we are finally here. Nothing changes for me in terms of expectations. I'd love to get 7 wins but get me one or two more and I'll be pleased. I'm content now at 4 but would probably be disappointed if they regress and don't get at least another 1 or 2 with this schedule. 

Gattuso deserves to have some heat turned down on him especially after last weekend. I'm not even as pissed about the other two losses as the program is still clearly looking to find it's footing but I believe on it's way. Many of these kids have NEVER tasted winning at this level. Give them time and encourage them as they are clearly growing. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I asked 4-6 wins...I have my four. I feel marginally better in that they have obviously found an elite level QB. It took 5+ years but I'm glad we are finally here. Nothing changes for me in terms of expectations. I'd love to get 7 wins but get me one or two more and I'll be pleased. I'm content now at 4 but would probably be disappointed if they regress and don't get at least another 1 or 2 with this schedule. 

Gattuso deserves to have some heat turned down on him especially after last weekend. I'm not even as pissed about the other two losses as the program is still clearly looking to find it's footing but I believe on it's way. Many of these kids have NEVER tasted winning at this level. Give them time and encourage them as they are clearly growing. 

Is this a 'I hate Gattuo' or 'I think I got a man-crush on Gattuso'  moment? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, uofalbany said:

Is this a 'I hate Gattuo' or 'I think I got a man-crush on Gattuso'  moment? :ph34r:

It's being fair....If I'm going to beat the $iena out of him on here when he sucks...I have no problem saying, hey, we may have something here that isn't an embarrassment. 

What's fair is fair!

• Like 3

I'm just happy they stuck with Undercuffler. I felt like if the other guy, I forget his name, didn't get hurt they might've started him.  I might be wrong but I've been pulling for JUC to be the guy, give him time, develop him to be a top CAA QB later in his career.  I guess he is kinda of getting there a little earlier than I think anyone thought.  He's been very good and should get better with more and more experience.  Looks like we are set at QB for 3 more years.  Now need to build around him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All we want is to win. If Gattuso can win, then hell, sign him to extensions until he doesn't win. The only thing I ask is to not give him an extension when he has multiple years left and to not make the extensions more than 2 years at a clip. No long term ones please!

It's never been personal. If he can start winning 8 games a year or more, keep him here.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

If we want to keep JUC around, I hope somebody teaches him that when you dive, it’s feet first, not headfirst like on this Ch 13 video

https://wnyt.com/sports/undercuffler-named-caa-co-offensive-player-of-the-week/5524784/?cat=256

And hang onto the ball!

Edited by UAalum72

Here is a fun one...

Team was picked last in the CAA to start the season. Let's say the team goes 3-2 over the last 5 games to finish the season at 7-5, with a 5-3 mark in the CAA. Does that get GG CAA coach of the year? 

Never thought I would read anyone suggest that on this board this season, much less me. Lol.