UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 games - how many W's would satiate you?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The football program will survive long after GG is inducted to the Hall of Fame or Fired!!! Many posters on here are calling for the program to be shutdown. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! If anything it will move up with SBU to Buffalo's conference (the name is escaping me now but I know its an awful conference). The program will be fine. It didn't always run smoothly for Fordie. He had a couple tough years (not many). He managed to get things turned around from the God Awful early 1990's and so will GG. If GG fails he and staff will be gone. As I have said several times on this board this job is a very sought after position because of the facilities etc. Not to mention it is far cheaper to live and work in Albany then lets say Stony Brook, Delaware or William & Mary. Its a very attractive job.

Edited by MRuler 79

32 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

The football program will survive long after GG is inducted to the Hall of Fame or Fired!!! Many posters on here are calling for the program to be shutdown. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! If anything it will move up with SBU to Buffalo's conference (the name is escaping me now but I know its an awful conference). The program will be fine. It didn't always run smoothly for Fordie. He had a couple tough years (not many). He managed to get things turned around from the God Awful early 1990's and so will GG. If GG fails he and staff will be gone. As I have said several times on this board this job is a very sought after position because of the facilities etc. Not to mention it is far cheaper to live and work in Albany then lets say Stony Brook, Delaware or William & Mary. Its a very attractive job.

Finally some common sense!

51 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Who called for the program to be shut down?

• Like 1

This topic of "GG sucks" "No he doesn't" is starting to make people see/hear things that aren't real...

Now that the season is starting back up and we've had all off season to get our shots in on GG...let's see what happens come fall. We're ALL hoping for the best. Some spoke with their wallets and only renewed some tickets, some went all in and renewed everything...we're all in the same boat. Lets see what happens.

Edited by Eli

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Finally some common sense!

To be honest I'm getting very very sick of reading  your "everything is great all the time and everyone who says anything negative is wrong" posts. 

I will support albany atheltics til the day I die . I ran track at albany not football. That being said I have cancelled my football season tickets. That does not mean I wont go to a game or two. Or watch every game on tv. But I dont agree with the direction of the program. And because of that I'm not going to blindly give money to something. Loose analogy (continue to give money to your drug addicted son because you love him. ) Its not just the losing, it's a combination of things . Ex) walking a mile to the game from my house in albany, and then I get there they tell me I cant bring in my seat that I have done for years . No notice or explanation.  That's one of at least 5 things I can think of right now. 

The truth is that the program and the atheltic administration is going backwards. Not saying it cant be turned around and I hope it does , but most of us see this. If you dont then that's just delusional. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, UA1882 said:

To be honest I'm getting very very sick of reading  your "everything is great all the time and everyone who says anything negative is wrong" posts. 

I will support albany atheltics til the day I die . I ran track at albany not football. That being said I have cancelled my football season tickets. That does not mean I wont go to a game or two. Or watch every game on tv. But I dont agree with the direction of the program. And because of that I'm not going to blindly give money to something. Loose analogy (continue to give money to your drug addicted son because you love him. ) Its not just the losing, it's a combination of things . Ex) walking a mile to the game from my house in albany, and then I get there they tell me I cant bring in my seat that I have done for years . No notice or explanation.  That's one of at least 5 things I can think of right now. 

The truth is that the program and the atheltic administration is going backwards. Not saying it cant be turned around and I hope it does , but most of us see this. If you dont then that's just delusional. 

Frankly I don't care!!!!!  You obviously have not read my posts then.  i never said everything is all great all the time.  I merely choose to be positive.   Wow - are we being childish?  They are following NCAA rules on bags and things bring brought into the stadium.  I agree the seat thing was stupid and they changed it pretty quickly [HOWEVER EVERYONE was told about it online ahead of time]. What the hell does that have to do with 'athletics going backwards??'  They are not going backwards.  You seem not to understand the HUGE stepping up in levels of competition and the natural ups and downs of college athletics.  Not much else to say.   If you don't want to 'blindly' contribute, then don't!   I call people who support a program ONLY when they are being successful "front runners".    

Edited by HOF2013

I wont respond to the other stuff because I dont want to turn this board into a pissing match. 

However you are 100 percent wrong about the seat incident . I'm talking about the very first year maybe 3+ years ago. There was zero notice and they admitted that. To make up for it they gave me these really uncomfortable seats that they provided . But they did not give anyone a heads up. (The first year) That's a fact. I still have the email that I sent to them and their response.  (A tried to quickly find it, it was mentioned and documented at length on this board about the lack of notification) 

This is just one of SEVERAL other issues that I have a problem with. Obviously you dont and that's ok. But a front runner I, and everyone on this board, is not. That's just an ignorant statement. Plain and simple.  

Being a positive person is great ( you will probably never die of a heart attack.  Haha)  But sometimes it's just not possible.  To use another analogy (I love to use them): If I get a 60 percent on a science test that's failing. I wont say "hey at least I got 3/5 of the questions right, I'm a positive person". No you failed . Something is wrong and needs to be fixed. That's how I, and only me, feels about the program. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Frankly I don't care!!!!!  You obviously have not read my posts then.  i never said everything is all great all the time.  I merely choose to be positive.   Wow - are we being childish?  They are following NCAA rules on bags and things bring brought into the stadium.  I agree the seat thing was stupid and they changed it pretty quickly [HOWEVER EVERYONE was told about it online ahead of time]. What the hell does that have to do with 'athletics going backwards??'  They are not going backwards.  You seem not to understand the HUGE stepping up in levels of competition and the natural ups and downs of college athletics.  Not much else to say.   If you don't want to 'blindly' contribute, then don't!   I call people who support a program ONLY when they are being successful "front runners".    

What a disgraceful post...here we go with a huge step up spin. GG inherited a program, support and facilities that are very much inline with CAA expectations and proceeds year after year to lose. When did we move to the SEC? In a half a decade he has only ONCE sniffed a winning season by getting to .500. ONCE!!!! In the last two years alone he is THREE and THIRTEEN   a winning percentage of 18% and these are the type of posts we get. Many of us have sat through years of his (GG) losing and the occasional off season with Bob Ford so for you to call people who chose to hold the program accountable as front-runners is disgraceful. You have yet to EVER hold Gattuso responsible for this culture of losing, by the way a culture of losing is the ONLY thing he's built here at UA. Your type of blind support is what gives Benson the nerve to re-up this habitual loser in the first place. But hey, you aren't a front-runner, at least you'll always have that.

You may bristle at the notion that Gattuso is a loser but until proven otherwise that's what he is. Going into season 6 he can't even find a QB that can walk and chew gum at the same time. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

HOF2013- I love the fact that your a die hard ualbany football fan and ualbany supporter. The bottom line is that if we have more fans like you, and all of us, our program would be in much better shape. (Which is another bone of contention I have the with athletic department: MARKETING, ECT). Haha 

Even though we have significant differences I'm glad that you are a Ualbany supporter. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Who the hell moans and stomps their feet every time time someone points out a negative?

It's year 6, just win and the rest will take care of itself. It's not like people started to get negative in year 1. I think going on 6 years it's OK to have some positive expectations and equally as important hold the powers that be accountable. This BS that if you aren't positive all the time you are a front-runner is ridiculous. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

The NCAA does not tell a school what to do about games at their location other than alcohol at certain events and ticket share requirements at certain events  

Needed to provide clarity on that; anyone telling you otherwise is not speaking truthfully.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dane96 said:

The NCAA does not tell a school what to do about games at their location other than alcohol at certain events and ticket share requirements at certain events  

Needed to provide clarity on that; anyone telling you otherwise is not speaking truthfully.  

There are rules about security and bags etc at ALL stadiums these days.  If one does a simple search you will find that most, if not all are following safety guidelines that have been advocated by the NCAA for Final Four Tournaments and Championship Games.  They have been expanded AT THE SUGGESTION of the NCAA to all venues.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7flBHt8bvwoJ:https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Best_Practices_for_Venue_Safety_and_Security.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edited by HOF2013

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

It's year 6, just win and the rest will take care of itself. It's not like people started to get negative in year 1. I think going on 6 years it's OK to have some positive expectations and equally as important hold the powers that be accountable. This BS that if you aren't positive all the time you are a front-runner is ridiculous. 

Never said that BUT if you are positive and support them ONLY because they are successful you are.................  Sorry but I ALWAYS try to be positive - does not mean I am happy about everything that transpires!  I have been with the team since I played and even Fordie had bad years.   The first year in the league the team was terrible.  In talking to him he specifically said he knew it was going to be awful and didn't want to immediately drop that onto a new guy.  I have spoken to him every single year since then, several times.  He is ALWAYS positive about the program as many of us are and is never negative [that is why all of we former players love the man]. {{Of course private things discussed or said are off limits!}}. That, of course, does not mean a person can not criticize, criticizing is NOT the same things as constantly publically bad mouthing everything that is done!  How many years has Buffalo been FBS?  Since 1998 - they suck!!  It takes years to create a great program at a higher level.  Hopefully, nuff said.   

Edited by HOF2013