UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 games - how many W's would satiate you?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Walk on or not, it says something. We have like one healthy QB and a walk-on chooses to just bounce...maybe that's just me...

It’s just you.  He was never going to see the field.  It happens more often then you think in football

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Yes, listed as a redshirted freshman. 

That's great.  If he shows any ability and growth, we could have something for four years! (power of positivity).  He was recruited by some bigger programs, and has a decent arm so let's try to be positive. 

10 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

That's great.  If he shows any ability and growth, we could have something for four years! (power of positivity).  He was recruited by some bigger programs, and has a decent arm so let's try to be positive. 

He showed flashes last year...my concern is in year 6 this poor kid is put in this position by this dumb staff that for a half decade can't find a QB. Ideally he'd be a junior or at least an experienced sophomore not a freshman starting. 

But I hope he goes out and has a great year, having stability for the next 3 or 4 years would be a welcome change. 

Edited by Clickclack

I agree with you both. I really hope he becomes a top 5 CAA QB his Jr. and Sr. years but to me the coaching staff has shown almost zero confidence in him all offseason and that's scary. If you are going to go with this young man and let him grow into a top CAA QB then put all your confidence in him and build him up. Instead there was a QB competition until the other guy got hurt. 

Not to mention, in all likelyhood this staff is getting fired (I pray for it, really)...which can stunt his development even further because he may have to learn an entirely new system next year. Unless this doesn't apply to college like it does to the NFL.

Edited by Eli

15 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I agree with you both. I really hope he becomes a top 5 CAA QB his Jr. and Sr. years but to me the coaching staff has shown almost zero confidence in him all offseason and that's scary. If you are going to go with this young man and let him grow into a top CAA QB then put all your confidence in him and build him up. Instead there was a QB competition until the other guy got hurt. 

I actually disagree with QB competition showing zero confidence.  He was a spot starter last year and you have to see what you're getting in an FBS transfer.  Heck, look at what's going on with the Dolphins QB situation. It's not uncommon at all.

Gattuso on now on 104.5

- Gattuso starts in with lack of discipline last year...I completely agree, good to see they are spending a ton of time on that. Player personnel change, lineup up, snap counts etc. 

- Glad he's doing well with the knee replacement, says he's been far more mobile, able to get around to all the kids and position, doesn't use cart anymore, able to coach more effectively. 

- Regarding Cent Mich. asked what he feels they will see from Cent. Mich...starts about how it takes time to get the size and depth up to where it needed to be. Says team is bigger, faster group with focus on nutrition, strength etc. Doesn't really answer the question...

And that's the end of it...nothing about how the offense looks, defense, depth, backfield etc...mehhh

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

Earlier they talked to Dev Holmes ("CMU isn't any better than Pitt") and Karl "I don't mind if you call me a Bad Mofor".

CMU has a new coaching staff so last year's game tapes won't help much.

CMU stories http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/08/central-michigan-chippewas-preseason-fall-camp-practice-day-five-jim-mcelwain

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/08/central-michigan-chippewas-football-media-day-jim-mcelwain-quinten-dormady-charlie-frye-robb-akey-cmu-ncaa-petzold-notebook

Good coverage, maybe cuz it looks like CMU in Mount Pleasant is like if UAlbany were in Oneonta.