UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Looked like a repeat of VT most of the first 1/2.  I am just sickened!   Those two officials are incredibly home officials - the two old guys! 

I just get tired of the kids being out hustled and watching the same guys get beat on Def.  Trying not to be harsh but I do not understand why young guys have not been given a chance.  They HAVE TO BE as good or better than the Three seniors and Barrow.  It is just disheartening to keep seeing the same thing every game we have to travel. AND the same guys get beat continually in EVERY game!   We come out flat and get beat on the hustle.  What is up with Marr keeping Jones out?? 

Edited by HOF2013

33 minutes ago, statefan said:

another lightening strike; resume time now 9:45

I heard.   Will we come back out flat??  Were going on a run.  Might cool us right down.  9:53, 10:00, 10:15, 10:30

Edited by HOF2013

6 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Friday night, big game, electrical storm. Nice job with the weather Stony Brook. This is exactly why they shouldn't host the tourney next week.

lmao~~

TERRIBLE performance.    We just do NOT play well when we travel, especially this year.   Season is over.  WHAT the hell did they pull Jones for most of the 1st half?????  He is doing well the second half.  offense is just not good and Def is good some games and bad others.  I will say it again WHY play the Senior Long Sticks and Barrows every game the entire game.  They have kiled us allyear!  End of story!

• Like 2

Geez, what a long, long, wet night.

Almost too much to process. I couldn't believe the poor start and giving up ten goals in the first half. Totally agree on the lethargic offense, and I just don't understand once again the revolving door on offense. It was good to see Davis back out there, but after not playing at all there his, where was Ramierez? I don't think he saw the field. Tough nights for Tehoka and especially Patterson. Man Jacob has to show up.

The face off is confusing. Jonsey got off to a good start and the freshmen actually did a good job, and would have won a few more had the wings supported him. He's definitely the most effective if we have to go to the long pole, but just don't support moving away from Jones unless he gets banged up or needs a break. 

I really thought Nate should have gotten a quick yank at first to maybe give us a spark. We have had these bad runs this year, and just don't have the offensive firepower to come back. Only gave up two goals in the second half, and the momentum was in our favor big time when the storm hit, but can't give up 10 to anyone in a half and expect to win given where we are this year.

And to think I have to go back to Stony Brook  next week makes me sick.

• Like 1

Reading the quotes and tv interviews before the game and today, concluded this team is ALL talk and NO action. Scott is such a positive person and I would never second guess him; but I think what this team needed this year is MORE a$$ kicking and less build-up. Scott is loyal to a fault and again I have ZERO right to be critical; but I simply do not understand the player rotations and experiments from game to game. The fact that the team is still experimenting with line-ups games 12&13 of the season is disturbing. Attack and midfield has been in constant flux, while the defense who never lived up to pre-season expectations has gone mostly un-changed. While I am being unqualifiedly critical, it has been pretty obvious since fall ball that this would be somewhat of a rebuilding year. Perhaps at some point this should have been accepted and the process begun in earnest. Also, this team has NOT adapted well to the shot clock and zone defenses which the clock has made prominent. IMHO, this is the case both offensively {where we have been slow and ineffective 6 on 6.} and defensively {where we seem to get grinded down by the "SLOW and METHODICAL PACE" the clock seems to inspire.}

UA was built on quick two way middies, aggressive attacks, and defenses (even when fogo's were bad) that worked at going after the ball to get it back to the offense and not waiting for a clock to get it for them. As I said before, I for one am very un-happy with the shot clock. Unfortunately I think we are stuck with it , and only offer PERHAPS we would be better off playing UA lacrosse in spite of the clock???????

I have NOT given up on this team and do not suggest they have or should have; but I am not sure we would have done any worse by going younger and letting the kids take some lumps. 

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dslyank said:

Reading the quotes and tv interviews before the game and today, concluded this team is ALL talk and NO action. Scott is such a positive person and I would never second guess him; but I think what this team needed this year is MORE a$$ kicking and less build-up. Scott is loyal to a fault and again I have ZERO right to be critical; but I simply do not understand the player rotations and experiments from game to game. The fact that the team is still experimenting with line-ups games 12&13 of the season is disturbing. Attack and midfield has been in constant flux, while the defense who never lived up to pre-season expectations has gone mostly un-changed. While I am being unqualifiedly critical, it has been pretty obvious since fall ball that this would be somewhat of a rebuilding year. Perhaps at some point this should have been accepted and the process begun in earnest. Also, this team has NOT adapted well to the shot clock and zone defenses which the clock has made prominent. IMHO, this is the case both offensively {where we have been slow and ineffective 6 on 6.} and defensively {where we seem to get grinded down by the "SLOW and METHODICAL PACE" the clock seems to inspire.}

UA was built on quick two way middies, aggressive attacks, and defenses (even when fogo's were bad) that worked at going after the ball to get it back to the offense and not waiting for a clock to get it for them. As I said before, I for one am very un-happy with the shot clock. Unfortunately I think we are stuck with it , and only offer PERHAPS we would be better off playing UA lacrosse in spite of the clock???????

I have NOT given up on this team and do not suggest they have or should have; but I am not sure we would have done any worse by going younger and letting the kids take some lumps. 

GREAT POST!

That really does sum up the season. I think all of us have been waiting for the switch to flip and the Dane Train is back and rolling down the tracks, but it just hasn't happened, and I think we would be foolish to think it will. Especially, as you said with the constant rotation on offense. I need to go back and look at the stat lines, but it seems like we ran into a lot of hot goalies this year which has led to a lot of frustration on offense. It all started with the fall which we don't need to dwell on at this point, and some other injuries which set them back.

The defense has looked great at times, Yale, second half on Friday night, and awful at times, ridiculous slides, poor communication and as you said some minor adjustments but pretty much the same core group the whole season.

On one hand I can understand why Coach Marr didn't go to a$$ kicking mode and rebuild mode, especially since the AE was so weak and despite an overall poor season THEY still can make the tournament. That makes the case for not hitting the rebuild button.

You do see some fundamental flaws that have to be addressed as the coaches assess what did and didn't happen this year, and skills that have to be improved over the summer and next fall.

1) commitment to a FOGO person/system

2) X attackmen - we don't seem to have one or he isn't playing

3) shooting accuracy from all positions, especially middies who can step down and rip from 12-15 yards

4) transition LSM - looking back Troy Reh might have been one of the greatest hidden gems UA has ever recruited

5) have to get bigger at defensive middie - while the defense struggled at times the weak point was other teams exploiting the short stick match up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

GREAT POST!

That really does sum up the season. I think all of us have been waiting for the switch to flip and the Dane Train is back and rolling down the tracks, but it just hasn't happened, and I think we would be foolish to think it will. Especially, as you said with the constant rotation on offense. I need to go back and look at the stat lines, but it seems like we ran into a lot of hot goalies this year which has led to a lot of frustration on offense. It all started with the fall which we don't need to dwell on at this point, and some other injuries which set them back.

The defense has looked great at times, Yale, second half on Friday night, and awful at times, ridiculous slides, poor communication and as you said some minor adjustments but pretty much the same core group the whole season.

On one hand I can understand why Coach Marr didn't go to a$$ kicking mode and rebuild mode, especially since the AE was so weak and despite an overall poor season THEY still can make the tournament. That makes the case for not hitting the rebuild button.

You do see some fundamental flaws that have to be addressed as the coaches assess what did and didn't happen this year, and skills that have to be improved over the summer and next fall.

1) commitment to a FOGO person/system

2) X attackmen - we don't seem to have one or he isn't playing

3) shooting accuracy from all positions, especially middies who can step down and rip from 12-15 yards

4) transition LSM - looking back Troy Reh might have been one of the greatest hidden gems UA has ever recruited

5) have to get bigger at defensive middie - while the defense struggled at times the weak point was other teams exploiting the short stick match up

Agree.   I just do not understand the FOGO situation,  Jonsie seem fine when in there the other night.  The LS at faceoff  just has not worked at all for us.  We need a REAL dodger on attack, I have watched the films of the recruits over and over.  We may have a couple of good ones coming!

Shooting accuracy is a huge problem - not good right now.

• Like 1