UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Apparently the Street & Smith story was written by Gazette $iena Hoopscribe Steve Amedio, who saw Delaware State University vs. Albany State University (two HBCUs), and thought it was University of Delaware vs. University at Albany

Looks like a trip to Newark might be happening....Sept. 16, 2006...more info to come!!!

If this happens, I encourage ALL to attend. One of the top 5 football experiences (college) I ever had was a UD-Hofstra game w/ Wayne Chrebet as the star.

Great fun...close to UA (about 4 hours) and a wonderful, wonderful stadium/crowd!

• 1 month later...

A story in The Delaware News Journal confirms Delaware's "Nonconference opponents on the 2006 UD schedule, revealed in the new media guide, are Division II West Chester, I-AA non-scholarship Albany and Hofstra, which Delaware does not play in a league game that year. Lehigh, West Chester and Holy Cross are the 2005 nonconference foes"

Another future opponent will be Hampton. Not a 'name' opponent, but still a team with a winning record in a playoff conference (MEAC), and one we should have a real shot at beating.

Edited by UAalum72

i like that this information getting out right now...help Bobby get even bigger named recruits to prep for the move to full scholly. If you cant get a scholly now, you still get a chance to play the Division-IAA National Champs and even bigger named Division I-AA schools.

Ummm...if you are talking about UA playing Hampton we best have a good team, because they are not one we should have a shot at beating right now.

Well, I was just going by last year's Sagarin rating, which had Hampton favored by less than a touchdown over Albany, and ranked well behind Brown and Hofstra.

#164 Brown 45.91

#170 Hofstra 44.46

#185 Hampton 41.52

#202 Albany 34.94

Wouldn't have been a GREAT shot last year, but in a year or two?