UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

24 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Totally forgot about it due to a neighborhood picnic, but watched the highlights. There were some hellacious hits by UVA. TD did his job for the most part. 

The refs definitely let them play. In a regular season game there would have been laundry all over the field. TD's numbers were good, but the stats IMO were misleading. To his credit he won a lot of contested ground balls which improved his stats. When it mattered most UVA won the face offs.

Agree, TD's stats were misleading.  Mostly contested ground balls, not many clamp, pinch & pop.  Also, he gave up 5 goals to the opposing FOGO in semis & finals.  Also had a TO that led directly to a goal by the UVA player that caused it. 

UVA bullied them all over the field.  6-1, 220 lb Matt Gaudet got steamrolled and was out of the game for a little while.  Sessa & Morrill were MIA.

Love this from Lars Tiffany:   "We train and lift on Sundays and then we practice on some Monday's, thinking about what it's like on Championship Weekend." –

Looks like it paid off, and I guess this helped a bit:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UAFAN said:

Agree, TD's stats were misleading.  Mostly contested ground balls, not many clamp, pinch & pop.  Also, he gave up 5 goals to the opposing FOGO in semis & finals.  Also had a TO that led directly to a goal by the UVA player that caused it. 

UVA bullied them all over the field.  6-1, 220 lb Matt Gaudet got steamrolled and was out of the game for a little while.  Sessa & Morrill were MIA.

Love this from Lars Tiffany:   "We train and lift on Sundays and then we practice on some Monday's, thinking about what it's like on Championship Weekend." –

UVA was one horrendous call from being knocked out in the quarters. They made the most out of their opportunities, but had a few gifts along the way. Starting with the run in 2012 or so, I want to say UA had one top twenty recruiting class.

17 hours ago, UAFAN said:

How MANY times have we talked about aggression by the kids???  Our kids have got to become stronger and faster, especially the bigger kids - they have to start being more aggressive. I actually did not watch the game BUT it goes with what we have said.  Of course during the year the Refs do not typically allow the kids to 'steamroll' opponents!  That is an issue I think.  Not doing it all year, not able to do it when they have to!!  Just my 2 cents!

I did not see the game; but officials IMHO should call the game consistently ALL year and NOT differently for play-offs or championships. If they did allow excessive aggressive behavior (and I did not see the game as I said) and I was Yale I would protest to the ncaa and also seek the dismissal of the officials involved. But then again the ncaa as far as I am concerned as a sports governing body is as corrupt and inept as they come. They make the Olympic governing board look like saints.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

I did not see the game; but officials IMHO should call the game consistently ALL year and NOT differently for play-offs or championships. If they did allow excessive aggressive behavior (and I did not see the game as I said) and I was Yale I would protest to the ncaa and also seek the dismissal of the officials involved. But then again the ncaa as far as I am concerned as a sports governing body is as corrupt and inept as they come. They make the Olympic governing board look like saints.

Agree 100%.   

On 5/29/2019 at 9:40 AM, dslyank said:

I saw the entire game (Yale - UVA); The type of play allowed was substantially different from the games I watched in Casey Stadium and television during the regular season.  I do not see any chance of things changing with NCAA and the powers that be (Inside Lacrosse group of "insiders").

Edited by cwdickens
Missed something
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I saw the entire game (Yale - UVA); The type of play allowed was substantially different from the games I watched in Casey Stadium and feel during the regular season.  I do not see any chance of things changing with NCAA and the powers that be (Inside Lacrosse group of "insiders").

Agree - if it were called like a regular game there would have been 15 or so man ups. Personally, I liked the way they called the game, but definitely inconsistent. 

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

23 hours ago, UAFAN said:

Chase Noah could help:

Got videos of most of the incoming kids posted on recruits thread.  There are actually several who are 'filthy'!  Got a good crew coming in the 2019 class.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:23 PM, HOF2013 said:

Got videos of most of the incoming kids posted on recruits thread.  There are actually several who are 'filthy'!  Got a good crew coming in the 2019 class.

Yes, bigger, stronger and more physical will dominate D1 recruiting going forward for more teams.  However, the quality and the lacrosse IQ for some these players may cause some teams issues.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

Definitely have to get bigger and stronger in the middle of the field. I thought that was going to happen this year, but you saw a lot of pretty easy goals given up by our defensive midfielders. 

You never know how kids transition from high school to college. There is definitely an opportunity for a few guys on the roster now and new faces to make an impact at midfield, and probably less so at attack. 

I think LSM, Goalie, and most of the defense is pretty set, but will be some new faces for sure on the man down with three of them graduating.