Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Anyone know if talks are happening for the Albany Cup to come back this year? No reason to hurt the RPI, but it is a fun game and environment if LCC will agree to home and home. 

Same always. H&H or no game. Should be SEFCU this year, TUC next year, then renovated SEFCU the year after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Anyone know if talks are happening for the Albany Cup to come back this year? No reason to hurt the RPI, but it is a fun game and environment if LCC will agree to home and home. 

Same always. H&H or no game. Should be SEFCU this year, TUC next year, then renovated SEFCU the year after.

This thing is more dead then Jimmy Patsos coaching career!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully realize that my views on the UAlbany - LCC mbb game are in the extreme minority of the posts on this forum and I'm not intending on debating with any of the high volume posters.  However, if the series is dead, I feel it should be stated and known before asking us to buy season tickets.  Much as some have stated an intention to reduce their football tickets for their grievances with the Head Coach, I am considering reducing my MBB tickets if it does not include tickets to a home game v LCC or the ability to obtain more or better tickets for a road game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, statefan said:

I fully realize that my views on the UAlbany - LCC mbb game are in the extreme minority of the posts on this forum and I'm not intending on debating with any of the high volume posters.  However, if the series is dead, I feel it should be stated and known before asking us to buy season tickets.  Much as some have stated an intention to reduce their football tickets for their grievances with the Head Coach, I am considering reducing my MBB tickets if it does not include tickets to a home game v LCC or the ability to obtain more or better tickets for a road game.

Not getting into debate as to why the serious should or shouldn't be renewed but a question...why should the University at Albany comment on a hypothetical game that isn't on the schedule. It's no different (as I see it) on commenting that the game with Texas Tech isn't happening...it's not on the schedule so why confirm a negative. Maybe this would have been an issue last year etc. but this year it's pretty much a given and known that there is no game. 

 

As for grievances with Head Coach, no...the grievance is with a losing product and a program that isn't producing. It's not personal...just win...they can't seem to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm all alone in this, but, if I saw it as a "given", I would not raise the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, statefan said:

Maybe I'm all alone in this, but, if I saw it as a "given", I would not raise the question.

I'm sure you're not...at the risk of being labeled a wind-bag/high-volume poster...as there is no indication AT ALL that Siena is willing to negotiate an equitable contract, my sense is the series is dead as UA's position has been made clear and rightfully so. When they move off their TUC 100% of the time position I'm sure this will get back on the docket. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 3:50 PM, Clickclack said:

Not getting into debate as to why the serious should or shouldn't be renewed but a question...why should the University at Albany comment on a hypothetical game that isn't on the schedule. It's no different (as I see it) on commenting that the game with Texas Tech isn't happening...it's not on the schedule so why confirm a negative. Maybe this would have been an issue last year etc. but this year it's pretty much a given and known that there is no game. 

 

As for grievances with Head Coach, no...the grievance is with a losing product and a program that isn't producing. It's not personal...just win...they can't seem to win. 

 

I know you are kidding about Texas Tech and I am in the minority but I would travel to see the Danes play there before I would travel to see them play at loudonville 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a fun game when it happened but I'm fine with it sitting. I suspect Siena has to protect its brand by not playing this game for a while the way things have been trending.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×