UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2019-20 MBB Schedule

19 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

2 options:

1. Play a D3 at home and get an additional game

2. Find a buy game somewhere (not easy)

While playing a D3 sucks, at least it is a former rival from before the D1 era and at least it is an additional home game. 

You'll also note its placement on the schedule...normally after a few D1 games, it's a game that coaches use to correct issues or work on things that early on have come up in scouting reports/self assessment. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Clickclack said:

You'll also note its placement on the schedule...normally after a few D1 games, it's a game that coaches use to correct issues or work on things that early on have come up in scouting reports/self assessment. 

Great 👍 observation! In the America East, a common practice to play a DIII  school early on.

• 1 month later...

Niagara was going to have a new coach when we faced them in December since this was Patrick Beilein's first year there. Now, Bellen resigned two weeks before the season starts - https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/niagara-coach-patrick-beilein-stepping-down-former-duke-player-greg-paulus-to-act-as-interim/

I know Bob is going to wrap this into an insult about the MAAC somehow, I just don't know how.

2 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Niagara was going to have a new coach when we faced them in December since this was Patrick Beilein's first year there. Now, Bellen resigned two weeks before the season starts - https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/niagara-coach-patrick-beilein-stepping-down-former-duke-player-greg-paulus-to-act-as-interim/

I know Bob is going to wrap this into an insult about the MAAC somehow, I just don't know how.

Just spoke to my friend who is a Niagara alum.  Seems Beilein was having "relations" with his asst director of basketball operations.  She is about 26 and was at UNC past couple years in the BB program.  Before that she at Le Moyne in the men's program where Beilien was head coach.  She is an alum of Le Moyne.  Very embarrassing for his father now with Cavaliers who was very proud of sons 1st D1 job.  Guess Niagara found out, or Mrs B did, lol.

11 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Just spoke to my friend who is a Niagara alum.  Seems Beilein was having "relations" with his asst director of basketball operations.  She is about 26 and was at UNC past couple years in the BB program.  Before that she at Le Moyne in the men's program where Beilien was head coach.  She is an alum of Le Moyne.  Very embarrassing for his father now with Cavaliers who was very proud of sons 1st D1 job.  Guess Niagara found out, or Mrs B did, lol.

Tough situation around, Beilein and wife also expecting a child apparently. Brutal.

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Tough situation around, Beilein and wife also expecting a child apparently. Brutal.

Just so stupid.  Keep your you know what behind the zipped up door.  I am not in that relationship but as a coach, you are under the microscope.  This is some self-inflicted stupidity at its finest.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I want to inject this comment as it is Thanksgiving time. We UA fans should be grateful for the state of the athletic program. I know some of us had high expectations for the men's basketball team this season, and we are somewhat disappointed that our Sagarin rankings are not as high as we would like, but I want us to look at the men on the team. Is anyone in any trouble with the law? Are they all doing well in the classroom? Do they face bright futures after they graduate? Brown tries to recruit high-caliber STUDENT-athletes, and I think he has done an excellent job in that capacity. If we looked at character as the only factor, how would you rank this team on a Sagarin scale of the 353 Division I teams?

Some people in the league (particularly UVM fans) used to criticize CB for having a win-at-all cost attitude, but nobody can say that realistically at all today. He is not a Kevin Broadus, nor ever was. When I wish they we were doing better on the court, I then sometimes look at the young guys they are and am pretty proud. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2