UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this thread was started before I could start the usual weekly thread...throwing it in here...

=====================================

Last Up: A disastrous 2018
Next Up: @ Central Michigan (1-11 last year)
Time/Date: 8/29/19 @ 7PM EST
TV/Streaming: ESPN3
Local Radio: TBA

The off season is nearing completion. The vibe around team isn't great and fans are pessimistic. What does 2019 hold for us?

Recap of 2018:

nyx7HGW.png
Edited by Eli

Unfortunately that’s all we have now is hope.  I can’t recall ever being so unenthusiastic about an approaching season. One thing is for sure, UA is 0-0 like every other team and only time will tell if this is the year they turn it around. Close and almost and competitive an in every game and if only are not enough. Wins are all that matter now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think Gattuso just says dumb stuff.

"Yeah, it's disappointing,'' Gattuso said. "(Dahn) still had two or three weeks to try to compete. He was getting better every day. In some ways, it lets Jeff settle in and get a little confidence going forward, too which is important."

Then why not announce him as the starter earlier so he can gain some confidence in practice and feel like he has the coaching staff behind him instead of sort of saying, "Well, you're not that good and we have this other guy who we might start over you."  So dumb.

And then to contradict himself.....

"We'd be kind of silly to start someone who never started a game before if we didn't have to and I think Jeff's out in front,'' Gattuso said.

So there wasn't really a QB competition? You even admit you would be silly to start someone who's never started a game before when you have a young kid who has started games before and been in the system for a year.

It's like he just says $iena to say $iena. It's like they don't really have a plan and just flying by the seat of their pants. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I think Gattuso just says dumb stuff.

"Yeah, it's disappointing,'' Gattuso said. "(Dahn) still had two or three weeks to try to compete. He was getting better every day. In some ways, it lets Jeff settle in and get a little confidence going forward, too which is important."

Then why not announce him as the starter earlier so he can gain some confidence in practice and feel like he has the coaching staff behind him instead of sort of saying, "Well, you're not that good and we have this other guy who we might start over you."  So dumb.

And then to contradict himself.....

"We'd be kind of silly to start someone who never started a game before if we didn't have to and I think Jeff's out in front,'' Gattuso said.

So there wasn't really a QB competition? You even admit you would be silly to start someone who's never started a game before when you have a young kid who has started games before and been in the system for a year.

It's like he just says $iena to say $iena. It's like they don't really have a plan and just flying by the seat of their pants. 

Because what's being reported and the tale spun to media isn't what happened (allegedly)...you aren't the only one that picked up in the logical inconsistency in what he's saying to the media. Based on what I've heard out of training camp...I expect the QB position to be a complete dumpster fired. 

I get the feeling that he knows he's screwed...he's coaching arguably for his job and going into a gun-fight with with damp croissant. Either way, dying to know how this all shakes out. 

Edited by Clickclack