UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

8 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

So what you’ve heard out of training camp is that Undercuffler isn’t the answer either? And that he’s not been good?

Let's see how it goes when the lights are on...he's still very very young. Look for consistent improvement and not an All-CAA type of QB. They don't have any other options right now, he is what you get. Hopefully he can manage a game, not turn the ball over and at least periodically keep the defense honest to free up Mofor. 

Edited by Clickclack

First:

4 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I get the feeling that he knows he's screwed...he's coaching arguably for his job and going into a gun-fight with with damp croissant.

giphy.gif

Second:

Either way, dying to know how this all shakes out. 

giphy.gif

You and me both. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how ugly it gets and how bad the crowd is (in Losertusso's direction) this year.

Lastly:

Based on what I've heard out of training camp...I expect the QB position to be a complete dumpster fired. 

giphy.gif

Life is a roller coaster sometimes...

Let's see how it goes when the lights are on...he's still very very young. Look for consistent improvement and not an All-CAA type of QB. They don't have any other options right now, he is what you get. Hopefully he can manage a game, not turn the ball over and at least periodically keep the defense honest to free up Mofor. 

Honestly, I'm OK with building a kid up and letting him improve into an All-CAA type QB in his Junior and Senior years. But if that is never going to happen then they need to hit the recruiting trail harder than ever to find a GOOD QB that wants to come to Albany. What I can't take anymore is the constant merry go round at QB, every year the same effing thing and never any success.  It's really amazing how badly they've missed on these QBs. I really hope Undercuffler is the answer long term and can improve this year and next to become a top, or close to it, QB in the conference.  Problem is Gatusso doesn't and shouldn't have that time left to develop him.  He keeps trying the quick fix with the transfers like Testaverde and this new kid but none have worked out for him. 

HEY COACH! FIND SOMEONE GOOD AND DEVELOP THEM INTO SOMEONE GREAT! THAT IS WHAT GOOD COACHES DO! STOP GIVING UP ON THESE KIDS OR FIND BETTER KIDS!

Sorry for yelling but I'm getting fed up. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Honestly, I'm OK with building a kid up and letting him improve into an All-CAA type QB in his Junior and Senior years. But if that is never going to happen then they need to hit the recruiting trail harder than ever to find a GOOD QB that wants to come to Albany. What I can't take anymore is the constant merry go round at QB, every year the same effing thing and never any success.  It's really amazing how badly they've missed on these QBs. I really hope Undercuffler is the answer long term and can improve this year and next to become a top, or close to it, QB in the conference.  Problem is Gatusso doesn't and shouldn't have that time left to develop him.  He keeps trying the quick fix with the transfers like Testaverde and this new kid but none have worked out for him. 

HEY COACH! FIND SOMEONE GOOD AND DEVELOP THEM INTO SOMEONE GREAT! THAT IS WHAT GOOD COACHES DO! STOP GIVING UP ON THESE KIDS OR FIND BETTER KIDS!

Sorry for yelling but I'm getting fed up. 

Join the club..I hope Jeff is that kid but it's borderline unfair that this failure of a coaching staff keeps throwing kids to the wolves in year 6. Here's a scary though, if as expected (I don't think it's a stretch to say that) Undercuffler struggles or isn't ready or God forbid injury...there is NOTHING on the bench. Zero...where do you pivot to? This is the state of the program is year 6...zero depth, zero experience...someone take away every pen that half-wit Benson has before he extends him again.  

Bottom line is, you can't win without a QB, based on results last year Jeff wasn't ready, let's hope something clicked over the summer but training camp hasn't been great (rumor)...let's hope he stays healthy and from week to week makes strides. To expect a world beater from a kid with 3 games under his belt and to lead us to 8 wins is foolish. Let's just hope that $ienaty O line doesn't get him killed and he makes strides even if we do win 4 games. Anything less is a complete disaster but right now I'd set the over under at 4 and 2 CAA wins.  

It's a mess regardless of what BS the coach is peddling to the media. He deserves no benefit of the doubt. 

Edited by Clickclack

And instead of giving Undercuffler or Nic the opportunity to get experience and grow in 2018, they start Testaverde, a known one and done. It did not save the season and did nothing to prepare the QB crew for 2019.  The Lackawanna CC kid didn’t show, stunk or bolted. So they bring in The Nevada kid, who apparently can’t find the field with a campus map, and now he’s hurt. Every quick fix they’ve tried has failed...remember DJ Crook? I’m trying to forget him. Why not give Dabney a shot? Run or pass? Keep them guessing. Brunson turned out to be a D2 kid at best. Was recruiting Brunson what gave us Bernard or was Bernard being GG’s BFF what gave us Brunson? I had high hopes when Davis was hired that maybe, just maybe the QB situation would be sorted out.  But we see other teams with 2nd string QBs who would be our starters.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

And instead of giving Undercuffler or Nic the opportunity to get experience and grow in 2018, they start Testaverde, a known one and done. It did not save the season and did nothing to prepare the QB crew for 2019.  The Lackawanna CC kid didn’t show, stunk or bolted. So they bring in The Nevada kid, who apparently can’t find the field with a campus map, and now he’s hurt. Every quick fix they’ve tried has failed...remember DJ Crook? I’m trying to forget him. Why not give Dabney a shot? Run or pass? Keep them guessing. Brunson turned out to be a D2 kid at best. Was recruiting Brunson what gave us Bernard or was Bernard being GG’s BFF what gave us Brunson? I had high hopes when Davis was hired that maybe, just maybe the QB situation would be sorted out.  But we see other teams with 2nd string QBs who would be our starters.  

Absolute truth..can't wait to hear what the excuse will be this year. The QB situation is borderline comical. 

UAlbany wildcat QB Jah Dabney, a freshman, took snaps with the first-team offense near the end of today's practice. "We just think he's got some skill and if we're going to use him in games, we've got to start getting him in some pressure situations,'' Greg Gattuso said.

3 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

UAlbany wildcat QB Jah Dabney, a freshman, took snaps with the first-team offense near the end of today's practice. "We just think he's got some skill and if we're going to use him in games, we've got to start getting him in some pressure situations,'' Greg Gattuso said.

hmmm

5 hours ago, Eli said:

Wildcat QB huh?

So......Sussm, I mean, Dabney up the middle for -1 yards, then?

I still chuckle... It was such an embarrassing offense. Had zero wrinkles, he never threw out of it... And they kept running it. All season... The kids in diapers were calling it before the snap. Lol

10 hours ago, Eli said:

I hope he was running too...

This made me laugh very hard. LOL!

10 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

And WTF??  I thought they were trying to build some confidence in Undercuffler. These staff stinks. This is like the old "throw $iena at the wall and see what sticks" strategy. 

Edited by DanesRGood
  • Haha 1