UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Another underachieving castoff QB....boy, if that doesn’t get the juices flowing for this season......I’d like to be positive, but how can it be possible that a guy on his third college is somehow competing for starting QB? Where is our @#$&#%!, recruiting???

90% of the problems this program has can be directly linked to inability to recruit...I feel terrible for the kids that they are recruited way over their head and then they get beat to a pulp for years or leave. I mean at least 5 full recruiting cycles and they simply can't, they CAN'T find a QB that can play at this level. The fact that the kid started last 3 or 4 games, and is now competing for a starting spot after being given almost half the season AND all spring is absolutely alarming...furthermore, it appears his stiffest competition is a Junior with zero throws and -1 year career rushing.

How does this fraud continue to be perpetrated on this University...What a joke...up and down the roster it's a disaster, secondary is garbage, o-line junk, not a QB in sight etc. 

The other thing that bothered me is GG continually saying they were competitive last season...they won 1 game in the CAA. Rhode Island, Townson, UNH, Maine...all smacked the $iena out of them. This verbatim the story this time last year, we are right there...how did that work out?

Says this on July 31, 2018...goes out and wins 1 CAA game. “We were close last year,” Gattuso said. “Some of the experience we have now, maybe we can win some of those games.” - Greg Gattuso

Rinse and repeat..“I just think we’ve been so competitive, and before you really get good, you have to be competitive,” Gattuso said. “That’s the way it works when you’re in a great conference. Being around our kids all summer and seeing what we have talent-wise, I think we’re going to be a strong contender this year.” let's hope for more then 1 CAA win. You'd think at this point of 5 years of failure he'd just pipe down and not promise anything. But he can't help himself. 

Edited by Clickclack

Not a single player chosen to be preseason all conference and voted dead last. How anyone can have a positive takeaway after 5 years at the helm is beyond me. The program continues at a downward trajectory. I so hope I’m wrong, but blind faith is not my strong suit.  The QB situation is alarming and sad. Maybe there’s a good reason these players are kicking around at the Juco level and can’t get off the bench at the FBS level. Why do they think that they’re always the savior for the future? There’s something seriously broken about the recruiting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Not a single player chosen to be preseason all conference and voted dead last. How anyone can have a positive takeaway after 5 years at the helm is beyond me. The program continues at a downward trajectory. I so hope I’m wrong, but blind faith is not my strong suit.  The QB situation is alarming and sad. Maybe there’s a good reason these players are kicking around at the Juco level and can’t get off the bench at the FBS level. Why do they think that they’re always the savior for the future? There’s something seriously broken about the recruiting. 

A part of me is saying just wait to see how the season plays out...hope dies last but we've seen this dance before and the results are predictable. Maybe this year will be different. 

The only bright spot right now is that the gravy train and excuses are nearing the end of the line...if it all goes as the coaches and media predicted, meaning bottom of the barrel in the CAA, Benson may have to get off his ass and do something. I can't imagine Gattuso pulls up the rear again and is dead last as predicted and keeps his job. So one way or another it's sink or swim time. Hopefully the school has enough in the coffers to fire him. 

• Like 1

If we're talking about bright spots...it's sitting and laughing at the ineptitude with Clack and Jimbo at the 50 yard line. We should have a fun year in the stands amongst ourselves.

What's the over under on how long it takes for me to ask for a slant pass at the top of my lungs?

• Haha 1

Why do I have the feeling that the team is going to win the game against Central Michigan, then win against Bryant and Monmouth - starting out 3-0, and there will be some excitement and buzz around the team. UA will then lose a close game against Lafayette (lose late in the 4th quarter after a fumble or interception or something) then go on to lose the next 8 as well, finishing the year 3-9. The school will focus on the hot start and the FBS win, and use the line "we are improving, and next year will be the year!" 

It will be more of the same, and GG will get another early extension...

44 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Why do I have the feeling that the team is going to win the game against Central Michigan, then win against Bryant and Monmouth - starting out 3-0, and there will be some excitement and buzz around the team. UA will then lose a close game against Lafayette (lose late in the 4th quarter after a fumble or interception or something) then go on to lose the next 8 as well, finishing the year 3-9. The school will focus on the hot start and the FBS win, and use the line "we are improving, and next year will be the year!" 

It will be more of the same, and GG will get another early extension...

That's the fear.... .500 in CAA or kick rocks. 

8 hours ago, Eli said:

If we're talking about bright spots...it's sitting and laughing at the ineptitude with Clack and Jimbo at the 50 yard line. We should have a fun year in the stands amongst ourselves.

What's the over under on how long it takes for me to ask for a slant pass at the top of my lungs?

What’s the over under for when you pop a vein from screaming?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

What’s the over under for when you pop a vein from screaming?

Hahah. I'm planning on riding Gattuso like a rented mule this season.

23 hours ago, Clickclack said:

The other thing that bothered me is GG continually saying they were competitive last season...they won 1 game in the CAA. Rhode Island, Townson, UNH, Maine...all smacked the $iena out of them. This verbatim the story this time last year, we are right there...how did that work out?

Says this on July 31, 2018...goes out and wins 1 CAA game. “We were close last year,” Gattuso said. “Some of the experience we have now, maybe we can win some of those games.” - Greg Gattuso

Rinse and repeat..“I just think we’ve been so competitive, and before you really get good, you have to be competitive,” Gattuso said. “That’s the way it works when you’re in a great conference. Being around our kids all summer and seeing what we have talent-wise, I think we’re going to be a strong contender this year.” let's hope for more then 1 CAA win. You'd think at this point of 5 years of failure he'd just pipe down and not promise anything. But he can't help himself. 

It's not just GG. They are spinning the same garbage lines thinking we're stupid.

Just got this back from Benson after I sent a pretty pointed email after the media day picks came out (School Pres was CC'ed):

Thanks for your email regarding your frustration with our football program.  As you know, we play in the toughest top to bottom FCS conference in the nation.  This is a very difficult transition from the Northeast Conference to the CAA and certainly our expectation is to produce winning programs across our department.  Certainly no one wants to win these games more than our student athletes and coaches. 

Our student athletes and coaches need your support as we work to breakthrough from a competitive CAA team to a winning CAA team.   We hope you continue to support our student athletes in the stands.  I’ve copied Vic Cegles who has administrative oversight of our football program now that Jerry Koloskie has retired.   

Thanks,

Mark

I would have appreciated his response more if he was honest and said, "this transition has been harder than we anticipated and we haven't done a good job in a lot of areas including personnel". But to continue to sell the "the move from NEC to the CAA is difficult. We play in the top conference. Blah blah blah"....that's just ridiculous.

YEAR. SIX.

#BROKENRECORD #WEAINTDUMB

Edited by Eli

22 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I expect this team to be improved. (Can they really be worse than the last few years?) Whether they are improved enough to save "jobs", who knows? Even NO improvement, does NOT guarantee heads to role, if history is any indication.

On the last part, sadly you are correct. There would still be multiple years left on that contract, remains to be seen how much tolerance this school shows for habitual losing. Right now, they don't appear to give a $iena as the program is in free-fall. That's on Benson and that ill-fated contract extension. That's why their fate should be irrevocably linked. If GG continues to falter, it SHOULD mean the end of Benson. 

It's an indictment in and of itself that after a half a decade of recruiting there is zero kids on all CAA team and picked dead last by a big margin. That basically amounts to zero respect and a laughing stock program. That's what Gattuso and Benson together built! 

Gattuso has EVERYTHING in his favor this year including a very easy schedule...I think we can all agree, time for excuses is over.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1