UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

19-20 MBB Pre-Season articles and Expectations

On 10/5/2019 at 9:39 PM, Dane Pound said:

Lousy news about Anderson. Not sure he would get a redshirt either since he used one at Nevada when he transferred from Northern Arizona. Hopefully the prognosis turns out to be better than first reported.

Anyone hear anything about the prognosis? Last I heard it was unclear how long he would be out? 

Is it a curse? Two years in a row where someone thought to potentially make an impact had an injury. 

On 10/5/2019 at 9:43 PM, Dane Pound said:

Super excited to see Fruscio named captain. Love seeing his energy during games.

I believe he's #2 in career points for a walk-on.

I concur; Great to see that he  is recognized for spending time in the trenches.

Interesting tidbit in the Hansen story. He was contacted by high major schools but wanted to go where he could make more of an impact.

On paper, I like the looks of our front court:

A slimmer trimmer Lauderdale

Hansen who played well in Canada

Lulka who was better than he was given credit for last year

Doherty who was touted coming in.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

That's actually from last year and has been kicking around a while.

I was listening to the CBS podcast the other day. They interviewed a bunch of coaches about the best job in college basketball outside of the P5 conferences. Lots of Gonzaga and Dayton picks but some coaches actually said Vermont was one of the best jobs.

10 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

That's actually from last year and has been kicking around a while.

I was listening to the CBS podcast the other day. They interviewed a bunch of coaches about the best job in college basketball outside of the P5 conferences. Lots of Gonzaga and Dayton picks but some coaches actually said Vermont was one of the best jobs.

Realized that after it was posted. It was shared one Twitter yesterday. Assumed it was new. Silly me.

38 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Story in today's TU says we've added guard Rian Carter from Rochester as a walk-on. He' played two years at JUCO  - https://www.colbytrojans.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/bios/carter-rian?view=career&pos=sh

Guess this is a backup plan in case JoJo has to medical red shirt.  Hopefully can shoot better than previous stats of 39.5% FG, 30% from three, and a ugly 55% from the line for a guard?

TU story today also reports on injuries

Freshman Trey Hutcheson has a finger injury that will require a brace for nine weeks.

"He's been told he can try to (play)," Brown said, "but he can't take that brace off."

Freshman Sam Shafer is out because of a groin injury and is expected to return in a week.

Junior guard JoJo Anderson will have knee surgery Oct. 22 and has yet to take the court since practice officially started Oct. 4.

"He wants to play," Brown said. "He's hoping they can salvage the meniscus, play the season, and fix the ACL in March."

Lauderdale and Rizzuto May be back this weekend