UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I was just looking at the roster to see if it had been updated, and just realized that Cavallo is no longer listed on the roster. He was another one of those guys who I thought may have gotten more of an opportunity, and he had a few nice man up goals last season, but looks like he has left the program.

11 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I was just looking at the roster to see if it had been updated, and just realized that Cavallo is no longer listed on the roster. He was another one of those guys who I thought may have gotten more of an opportunity, and he had a few nice man up goals last season, but looks like he has left the program.

We've talked about it before.  Kids come in and think they should be playing, or can't make the cut [people telling them they are better than the starters and such] and they leave.  Happens all the time in every sport.  Kids come and go on the FB team too.  Some times they think they are better than they are OR they are just not ready for the level of competition.  No matter WHAT HS or Prep School they were at it is a much higher level or competition and speed.

Edited by HOF2013

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Fall Alumni game is set for October 4th and fall ball is against Hopkins, West Point, and Penn the next weekend in Philadelphia.

Any update on fall ball details? Also, still interested in your perspective on newbie's and team overall at this point?

Also, curious. Just saw women's fall ball schedule. They appear to be playing 8 games this fall +1 alumni game. Are the women ruled by a different set of rules/criteria for # of fall appearance they can make? The men's rule use to be you were allowed 2 or 3 in the fall, plus 3 or 2 winter/spring for a maximum of 5 scrimmages (not counting alumni game).  Do I have the men's rule accurate and is it still in effect??

I saw that women's tweet as well and not sure how that could be correct. I don't know the number of competition dates the women get, but I am pretty sure it is 17 for the men. The Fall bay day counts as one day, usually two scrimmages in the preseason (last year 3) and then 13-14 games to get to the seventeen competition days.

Nothing new in fall as far as I know other than the alumni game on the 4th and the scrimmages the following week. 

Only thing I have heard recently about the team is that the atmosphere already feels better than last year. Only negative is that it was apparent who worked and who didn't over the summer. Some guys who needed to hit the weights over the summer didn't, but Tehoka looks much, much fitter. I have heard a few guys are nicked up and being held out, but as far as I know nothing serious.

I have not heard anything out of the ordinary about any of the new guys, but I haven't really asked so have nothing of value to add on that front.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I saw that women's tweet as well and not sure how that could be correct. I don't know the number of competition dates the women get, but I am pretty sure it is 17 for the men. The Fall bay day counts as one day, usually two scrimmages in the preseason (last year 3) and then 13-14 games to get to the seventeen competition days.

Nothing new in fall as far as I know other than the alumni game on the 4th and the scrimmages the following week. 

Only thing I have heard recently about the team is that the atmosphere already feels better than last year. Only negative is that it was apparent who worked and who didn't over the summer. Some guys who needed to hit the weights over the summer didn't, but Tehoka looks much, much fitter. I have heard a few guys are nicked up and being held out, but as far as I know nothing serious.

I have not heard anything out of the ordinary about any of the new guys, but I haven't really asked so have nothing of value to add on that front.

So some guys are on the $iena list already??   No doing what the coaches insisted they do over the summer.

16 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Danny Mastropaolo  is now on the roster.  Yeah!

OK great, I think. Does anyone really know anything about this guy? He never showed up on IL recruiting pages or commits pages. They just published a top 20 2019 FO list. To be on the list you have be be good of course and have to be in their recruit data base. So, did UA get the steal of a lifetime by locking up Mastopaolo when IL nor anyone else for that matter ever heard of him? Do not mean to sound rude or derogatory in any way. Just curious if Mastropaolo is the real deal or just a project; AND if the real deal, how he could have gone so unheard of??????????

Edited by dslyank

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

OK great, I think. Does anyone really know anything about this guy? He never showed up on IL recruiting pages or commits pages. They just published a top 20 2019 FO list. To be on the list you have be be good of course and have to be in their recruit data base. So, did UA get the steal of a lifetime by locking up Mastopaolo when IL nor anyone else for that matter ever heard of him? Do not mean to sound rude or derogatory in any way. Just curious if Mastropaolo is the real deal or just a project; AND if the real deal, how he could have gone so unheard of??????????

He was rated as one of the top FO on LI. 

This is from my post on the 2019 recruits page. Not the best video but all I could find.....

https://riverheadnewsreview.timesreview.com/2019/03/92642/boys-lacrosse-lightning-doesnt-strike-twice-riverhead/

https://www.instagram.com/danny_mastropaolo/

As of today he has won 124 of 170 taken this year and has 18 GB  [April 8, 201 - seems like a lot for that early in the year but..............]  

Edited by HOF2013

Not to be contradictory or nothing; but #s 2,3,6,11, &15 are all from Long Island on IL's  top 20 FO list. Plus two more from northern NJ which often competes with LI.

OK, I get it IL. does NOT consider Mastropaolo a top 20 and even list 7 ahead of him in the region. But what I don't get is; do a commit or recruit search on his name and he is no-where to be found.

17 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Not to be contradictory or nothing; but #s 2,3,6,11, &15 are all from Long Island on IL's  top 20 FO list. Plus two more from northern NJ which often competes with LI.

OK, I get it IL. does NOT consider Mastropaolo a top 20 and even list 7 ahead of him in the region. But what I don't get is; do a commit or recruit search on his name and he is no-where to be found.

I found him on the net.  He is on the roster so I guess we'll find out.  I think over the years  IL has been wrong on numerous guys AND they have a habit of missing kids.   They missed him  I think, since he is on the roster so he is on campus and competing

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

Mike Leschinky, Emmaus HS, Macungie, Pa, [Philadelphia area] Midfield , https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/michael-leschinsky/Nlg8peShEeaT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm    

New Commit

Mike Leschinsky - Boys Lacrosse Statistics
STATISTICS BY YEAR - Boys Lacrosse
YEAR    GOALS    ASSISTS    POINTS
2019    36    11    47