UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SBU Indoor Facility

UAFAN

How is that ten million dollar donation from the Casey family been invested?   If we put it into the S and P or somthing similiar we should be doubling the money within two more years.  So shouldnt that provide us with money to invest into a field house such as this?

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

How is that ten million dollar donation from the Casey family been invested?   If we put it into the S and P or somthing similiar we should be doubling the money within two more years.  So shouldnt that provide us with money to invest into a field house such as this?

SEFCU rights were up as well...crickets, at least publicly. Millions of dollars that no one knows where they went or how they are being deployed to help the athletic programs. Unless there is some super-duper reason to keep it top secret. 

Does anyone other then people collecting money still work at the athletic department? Or is it pretty much lights out?

Edited by Clickclack

Indoor Practice Facilities have become a bigger factor; not only for allowing teams to practice when outdoor facilities are not available plus for recruitment.  UAlbany has two issues: Where do you place such facility similar to SBU's and as Benson usually says: "Are you paying for the  facility?". . ... With one campaign for money after another campaign for money; fatigue will set in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Where does the Master Plan call for the placement of this facility?

D96 is right...in that I don't think space is the issue. Not sure how much of the facilities master plan will be executed as it's starting to get long in the tooth. We know Physical Education building renovations are in schematic phase with over $50 million ear-marked for that project. And we know that on some level SEFCU planning is under-way as well with RFP's out there etc. 

I still don't understand the ENORMOUS dollar amount of PhysEd renovation. You can build a brand new arena or similar building with that that much money. 

twvplJh.png

DbF9LdB.png

Oddly enough even though it's a slow process...some of the planning from way back in 2012 has come to fruition. Things like track facilities, obviously football stadium...#16 rec field also was done. But this gives at least some context of what was planning many years ago. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

What's unclear to me in reading the documents I've collected over the years...there is a call to remove the bubble and build a brand new practice facility but not sure if that's in the building marked as #12 up above or a brand new building that isn't planned yet. By the sounds of it...it will be a completely different building. 

a9qrI9B.png

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 8:04 PM, Dane96 said:

There is zero issue with room; it's a planned building already, meaning the Master Plan has space for it.

Yes, thanks for mentioning this. Wasn't it already included in the 2012 plan for the grass field next to Dutch Quad lot (i.e., where rugby practices)? 

9 hours ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Yes, thanks for mentioning this. Wasn't it already included in the 2012 plan for the grass field next to Dutch Quad lot (i.e., where rugby practices)? 

I could see rugby 🏉 moving to the fields on the north side of the campus.

• 5 months later...