UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

US News Rankings

Jammaster

I know this isn't sports related, but I got an early look at the US News 2020 rankings and was disappointed to see us now firmly miles and miles behind the other 3 SUNY university centers.

The rankings are:

• Binghamton: 79

• Buffalo… 79

• Stony Brook: 91

• Albany: 147

As much as I'd love us to concentrate more on lifting our sports program, I also wish the administration would look to bridge this other gap, which is more important to most applying for jobs. When i went to school, Albany was just behind Binghamton but well ahead of Buffalo and SB.

Hard to read into this without more details but what areas are we significantly behind in?

We were 140 in 2019 rankings...-7 

Bing was 80 +1 gain

Buffalo was 89 +10

Stony Brook was 80 -11

With what was done to us with Poly being ripped away which was a significant research arm of the University, it's hard to tell the damage that did long term. There was no good reason to rip it away then and in light of the criminal activity that went on, it's an even worse look today. That wrong has never been acknowledged or corrected. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Hard to read into this without more details but what areas are we significantly behind in?

We were 140 in 2019 rankings...-7 

Bing was 80 +1 gain

Buffalo was 89 +10

Stony Brook was 80 -11

With what was done to us with Poly being ripped away which was a significant research arm of the University, it's hard to tell the damage that did long term. There was no good reason to rip it away then and in light of the criminal activity that went on, it's an even worse look today. That wrong has never been acknowledged or corrected. 

All true. A real merger with Albany Med or Albany Law sure would help...

• Thanks 1