UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Questions: James disappeared. Was he hurt? Drinking and dunking was working....why all the deep throws? I don’t recall one target to a TE.  Are they that bad or just ignored in this offense? 

The bottom line for me is that when you turn it over that many times and your defense plays like they’re late for the bus, you don’t deserve to win. Terrible coaching in OT didn’t  help.  Oh, and you’ve gotta make that FG in OT!!!!! 

• Like 1

He loses close, he loses big, he claws back and loses, he sometimes wins but mostly loses. Lose, lose, lose... 

When in doubt Gattuso will find a way to lose. Davis was supposed to be some genius, guy sucks ass like the rest of this staff. 

Cuff may grow into something for the next coach. 

No excuses, get ready to fire everyone on payroll. 

LOSERS! 6 years lost. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 3

On 9/12/2019 at 8:58 PM, cwdickens said:

Let us put the stats aside. The importance of this game is to play a solid game on offense and defense, including limiting turnovers, reducing the number of penalties, keep up the solid efforts on the ground game and make Monmouth pay with a back breaking pass play. The time to get ready for conference play is now.  Another must win and win big.

As I said earlier, turnovers and penalties are key to this game.  However down 21-0, the Danes fought back.  The OT play calls were horrible.

Just got done watching the game. Today was a major disappointment. Not only did the 'Saratoga Showcase of Homes' disappoint but UA put up another L. Oof.

Pros:

1) UCuff seems to finally be a QB we can develop. Kid can make throws but also is playing like I do in Madden...relying too heavily on the deep ball.
2) Sorry, there is no number 2

Cons:

1) Our staff is absolute garbage. Once again, very little over the middle. I hate their anti-slant philosophy.
2) Our staff had a freshmen QB throw the ball 53 times. I don't care that he had 4 TDs and nearly 400 yards. He had 3 INTs because he threw so many balls. That's inexcusable. Find some adjustments and get the run game working. Way too many deep balls and some were just absolutely horrendous throws.
3) Staff abandoned the run
4) Staff
5) Staff
6) Staff
7) Did I mention the staff?

I'm not ready to give up on the entire season after three games.  This was a BAD loss and there is no other way to describe it but I there is still a chance they can rebound from this, clean up the mistakes and win some games.  The offense has some weapons and if they can block up front they should score points. However the defense, although they have caused turnovers, just don't look good. The LBs are too slow in coverage and not great against the run. Today's INT was kind of lucky because if you watch the replay he was running to cover the back out of the backfield and the QB threw it right to him. If the QB threw it to the back in the flat it was a 10 yard gain instead of an INT because the LB was late to go over there.   

We will see as the season progresses but as I said I'm not ready to give up on the season.  If they have another losing season Gattuso must go. 

Hey ya'all... Remember when Gattuso told us all that depth and talent is really at a caa level this year? That we have talent to go 2 deep? Fun times right? 

As we all sharpen our pitchforks... DO NOT forget to hold the man ultimately responsible for this disaster accountable. Benson... Better hope they win next week because they will be dogs or heavy dogs the rest of the season. Very likely that this team again is thousands of miles from competing for a playoff spot. 

Talent across the board absolute sucks. Corners are mostly garbage... Linebackers are barely serviceable as a group. Offensive line, usual crap. Qb has some potential but staff is relying far to much on a kid who is supposed to manage a game at this point. 

Corners plays 10 yards off the line on just about every play. They refuse to work middle. Carswell and Sweeney are both trash. People pretend like this is a team with lots of talent. It's mostly garbage and a few kids that can play at this level. Recruiting has been garbage for years. 

Don't forget that today, they had 50 yards of offense deep into the second quarter. They came completely unprepared and got abused on both sides of the ball. I know they finally woke up somewhat but they blew this game in the first half when they were flat our embarrassed most of it. 

If Gattuso isn't fired soon the dismantling of program will be complete. I don't know if this school has 600k to buy out remaining 2 years of this contract but Benson absolutely needs to be fired with gg. Enough is enough... It will NEVER get better, no matter how much people wish upon a star. This is a bad team, horribly coached with very poor talent and depth. 

Winners win and losers do what gg does... They find repeatedly a way to lose. Losers will ALWAYS find a way to lose, it's always something... Always. Greg just doesn't have it. As a matter of fact his entire coaching staff are also all losers. Really dissappointed in Davis who was billed a great coach. Haven't seen anything from him. Sucks like the rest of them... Fire all of them. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

One thing I’ve gotta disagree with is the notion that Monmouth was as bad as or worse than Bryant. No way. Monmouth is much more like a lower tier CAA team....like Albany.  The final score proved it.  Our defense was inexcusably bad at times, some coaching decisions head scratching strange and too many #@&%ing turnovers to overcome.  There was no need to go pass happy after we tied up the game again and for God’s sake, can anyone other than Green get open? Tight ends....what tight ends? Short and quick passes were there all day and then they’ve got him chucking long balls on a windy day.  Infuriating. I think there’s enough talent there to win....maybe not compete with JMUs of the world, but at least get playoff consideration.  What we lack is solid coaching and that’s been proved over and over for years now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMO, we’re going to see a lot more games like this.  Hopefully with a different result but I think we’re going to need shootouts with Undercuffler throwing it a lot because we have significant defensive issues.   We’ll need to score on almost every positions especially against the best offensive teams like Towson and Maine.   Bryant just wasn’t good so that game was like the Columbia game a few years ago where we handled a bad team and the result hid our weaknesses.  Not sure how we fix the defense but the issues aren’t new - one of my memories from the last few years was how often Kareem Brown seemed to get beat deep and yesterday it seemed like it was Tyler Carswell getting beat deep.

Edited by reeder
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Clickclack said:

If Gattuso isn't fired soon the dismantling of program will be complete. I don't know if this school has 600k to buy out remaining 2 years of this contract but Benson absolutely needs to be fired with gg. 

Sadly Benson gave GG a contract through the 2022 season. So the buyout at the end of this season would be 3 years and around $900K.  This season would have been his last u nder the original contract.  Anyone know Benson's contract status - it may be year to year at this point - time to non-renew.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/02/08/gattuso-signed-through-2022-to-coach-ualbany-football

Had to laugh at the Monmouth announcers saying "the Big South" and the caa are the class of the FCS. Later amended their statement to add the Missouri Valley conference. Said the Big Three conferences in the FCS were like the Power 5 were to the the FBS. 

IMHO & I HOPE I'm wrong;  yesterday's game was two equally BAD teams battling it out. One of the teams is a BAD team in a good conference and the other team is a bad team in a BAD conference. The bad/bad edged out the bad/good yesterday. In other words throw out conference affiliations, when BADS collide you get what you get.

35 minutes ago, sarge965 said:

Sadly Benson gave GG a contract through the 2022 season. So the buyout at the end of this season would be 3 years and around $900K.  This season would have been his last u nder the original contract.  Anyone know Benson's contract status - it may be year to year at this point - time to non-renew.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/02/08/gattuso-signed-through-2022-to-coach-ualbany-football

I could have sworn it ran through 2021...wow...yeah this loser isn't going anywhere. It's always been my position that they won't eat more then 1 year. So yeah... This losing will continue. 

Benson needs to be held accountable. 

Edited by Clickclack

• Eli changed the title to Game #3: 9/14/19 - 1pm @ Monmouth