UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

God I hate to sound like a broken record; but the "committee to make the game day experience" better, scre#$% the pooch again. OK that they ran out of food again. It happens; even at the wedding in Cannan (but there they had some guy turn water into wine or at least smuggled it in for you nonbelievers .) But the combining of GDAC and Field Club was/is a BAD idea!

First of all the letter advertising the new configuration was very vague. Is/was the GDAC buffet available to Field Club members? One attendant said yes, but as it became obvious food was running low, I heard a second attendant start asking people which party they were in? Now I'm a GDAC and think it would be rude to not invite Field Clubbbers to the buffet, especially since we are now using their area/facility. But you sure has heck should have enough food to make the invite. That being said, the real problem IMHO is that the two should NOT have been combined in the first place.

With the closing of the beer area near section 101, there is NO place for the casual or walk up fan to enjoy a libation. If you are a GDAC sitting in the upper deck (best place to view the game, according to many--OK Bob87 I gave you plug), you have to walk a mile to get a beverage. The Field Club is the worse place to watch the game. Unless you really are just there for some serious drinking,  you might as well just hang out at the City Line. I am a gold seat GDACer and also a NON drinker, but I sit in the only place where you can get a good game view and a quick beer and not miss a significant chunk of the game.

IMHO by combining gdac and field club, the "committee" has not only negatively affected you poor upper deck gdac souls; but more importantly once again has proven to be UNWELCOMELY to the general public and community.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Also the stairs installed to get from the stands to the turf are not only so steep they feel dangerous going down, they’re too narrow to pass someone from the opposite direction. It’s also hazardous to be in the Field Club while they’re practicing FGs during halftime, one ball actually landed in the lemonade tent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

I come up for 1-2 games a year.  Last year I only made one game and the beer garden area was behind the berm.  Did they kill that?  It was such a great spot for it where you could still watch the game instead of the old spot by where you walk in and scan your tickets.

Yes . That is no longer there .

I liked that location better

The amenities at Casey Stadium took a step back this year. 

Gold  seats:

+ Only can beer selecton; no Druthers draft available

+ Sparse food selection

GDAC/Field Club

I confused, I was under impression area for GDAC members only.  I will say that after checking out The Field Club went back to my seat however:

I thought it seemed concessions took a step back in other spots.  Impact of last year's record.

The pizza was cold as were the wings. The lemonade and cookie was delicious though. I too didn't stay in that area, just took advantage of the complimentary food and went to my seat which is one of the best in the house (right by Bob).

I didn't go to the new location because I thought it was a stupid and inconvenient spot to "welcome" GDAC members....who had this dumb idea? The old location is vastly superior. Concession lines in the main concourse were ridiculous as usual. They really need some grab and go tables for things such as water....missing the boat there. Parking fine, shuttle bus OK. I really can't conceive of why they ended the beer garden on the south end of the concourse. Another dumb idea. So the only way to get a brewski is if you pay for the privilege of buying a brewski? Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. 

Or we could just go big and have people walking around with popcorns, etc. and help Trump create jobs lol. They did this like once or twice at SEFCU (forget the occasions) over the last 10 years and it was far better than standing in line.

I'll quote Mike Mayock from the Raiders: we're either all in or we're all out.

This half-assery is ridiclous.

Edited by Eli

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

I didn't go to the new location because I thought it was a stupid and inconvenient spot to "welcome" GDAC members....who had this dumb idea? The old location is vastly superior. Concession lines in the main concourse were ridiculous as usual. They really need some grab and go tables for things such as water....missing the boat there. Parking fine, shuttle bus OK. I really can't conceive of why they ended the beer garden on the south end of the concourse. Another dumb idea. So the only way to get a brewski is if you pay for the privilege of buying a brewski? Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. 

Wait, wait, wait....

Let's say I come up for the next home game and I want to grab a beer.  I cannot?  Anywhere? No beer garden for regular fans? Only for GDAC? 

14 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Wait, wait, wait....

Let's say I come up for the next home game and I want to grab a beer.  I cannot?  Anywhere? No beer garden for regular fans? Only for GDAC? 

I believe that is the case. If you have a GDAC membership with over $100 you get the wrist band that’ll get you in to where you can buy beer.  if you have gold seats you can get canned beer.  If you pay the fee to get into the field club level you can buy beer.  If you just want to get a beer (like at the old beer garden) I think you’re SOL unless I’m missing something.  So drink up in the parking lot! The old GDAC locale was perfect, view of the field, view of the video board....if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. How do you access the field club if you have mobility issues? 

I wondered about that attendance figure too.  The upper deck looked like the bar stools in the fourth quarter of the Giants opening day watch party. 

• Haha 1