UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

10 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I believe that is the case. If you have a GDAC membership with over $100 you get the wrist band that’ll get you in to where you can buy beer.  if you have gold seats you can get canned beer.  If you pay the fee to get into the field club level you can buy beer.  If you just want to get a beer (like at the old beer garden) I think you’re SOL unless I’m missing something.  So drink up in the parking lot! The old GDAC locale was perfect, view of the field, view of the video board....if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. How do you access the field club if you have mobility issues? 

I wondered about that attendance figure too.  The upper deck looked like the bar stools in the fourth quarter of the Giants opening day watch party. 

Attendance was very poor unfortunately for opening game, perfect weather, fireworks after game etc. Sadly, that's what you get with 5 years of basically nothing but losing. There was that one 7 win year. 

By far in my years the worst attended home opener. Winning matters! Fortunately they played well, hopefully some of the folks will come back but historically it's been all downhill from here attendance wise outside of homecoming. 

Team should win again this week, so maybe a 2 game winning streak will draw in some fans?

My family had to go out of town last minute so I went by myself, leaving 3 tickets unused. It says a lot that I couldn't find anyone to take my tickets for free. Even with short notice, I have some of the best seats in the place. Shouldn't be that hard to find takers.

2 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Where did you see the actual was 2600? Seemed like more than that. The Berm was packed. Just no one showed up for their seats.

My eyes...I beg to differ that the berm was packed. The crowd was a joke...lol

This was in the second quarter, someone sent it to me from the opposite side of the field. It's not half time or after game. 

2019-09-07.jpg

Edited by Clickclack

5 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I was just going to write that. Not super packed, but as many people as I have seen sitting there. Probably a few hundred. That was really early in the game. It was 7-0 at the time.

I couldn't believe how bad the attendance was in the stands. The upper level is basically empty. First game of the season, shocking and disappointing and to hear Benson crow on the mic what a great crowd we have was a joke. 

Now I know he's blind! The GG extension and now blatantly lying or just head in the sand. Embarrassing but that's what you get when you keep putting a product out that blows a$$.

Will take a few years of actual winning to bring back the people that even 3 or 4 years ago came. It appears many have given up on the program.  who can blame them!

Edited by Clickclack

Regarding the FB program, I get nervous whenever anyone says we should win again this week . . .too many disappointments along the way.  Something will have to give: especially in rushing yardage -- Monmouth kept Lafayette to -12 yards rushing (while gaining 223 themselves), but MU also gave up 256 passing (and got 194 themselves).  (Apparently, UA and MU match evenly in home opener attendance, though.)  Street & Smith's picked MU to win the Big South.

8 hours ago, jimbo said:

I believe that is the case. If you have a GDAC membership with over $100 you get the wrist band that’ll get you in to where you can buy beer.  if you have gold seats you can get canned beer.  If you pay the fee to get into the field club level you can buy beer.  If you just want to get a beer (like at the old beer garden) I think you’re SOL unless I’m missing something.  So drink up in the parking lot! The old GDAC locale was perfect, view of the field, view of the video board....if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. How do you access the field club if you have mobility issues? 

I wondered about that attendance figure too.  The upper deck looked like the bar stools in the fourth quarter of the Giants opening day watch party. 

Three of our group entered from the gate at field level.  I'm not sure if that's always available, but I'm pretty sure they would have to have an ADA compliant entrance.

Berm was definitely not packed. We've had games in the first few years where you couldn't see the grass from our seats in 205. I'd say the berm was probably 60% full at most on Saturday. The stands, well we have proof of that. Probably 40% full.

Turrible.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Berm was definitely not packed. We've had games in the first few years where you couldn't see the grass from our seats in 205. I'd say the berm was probably 60% full at most on Saturday. The stands, well we have proof of that. Probably 40% full.

Turrible.

Eli, you are too generous.  I would say 25% full.