UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

53 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I feel that UAlbany Football fans, including myself, need to find a way to enjoy the game experience win or lose.  I do not like the coach or the AD.  However, after 50 years of watching 👀football 🏈 on the UAlbany campus, I feel that opportunity matters most.

I'm not gonna lie, I love going to Casey Stadium and being outside. At least right now when it's still mild outside. Even if we lose, we have fun in our section crackin jokes and makes one another laugh. We'll see what happens when it's 30F outside and there is 1000 fans in the stands, but for now, win or lose, I enjoy being there.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Channel 13 reports Dev Holmes has been suspended from football for “disciplinary reasons.” No further comment.

He'll be gone years end, watch. Dude was fire last year but this year he's done, seemingly, absolutely nothing. 

Hopefully Dev is just suffering from some maturity issues and nothing more serious.  I recall seeing him in a game for Troy when he got an unsportsmanlike for taunting while on a breakaway.  Maybe just some frustration from going from “the man” to Dev who?

Edited by jimbo

Could be anything from missing practice, to a fight, or late for the bus. He also had the unsportsmanlike penalty on the last touchdown (pulling a Monmouth player off the pile?)

He caught 4 passes at CMU, dropped one at Bryant, caught one and had about  4 incompletes at MU, where Green caught 15. How much of that (and the slants to the tight end not thown) is play-calling and coaching, and how much the freshman QB not seeing the whole field, or just going to the hot reciever?

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Could be anything from missing practice, to a fight, or late for the bus. He also had the unsportsmanlike penalty on the last touchdown (pulling a Monmouth player off the pile?)

He caught 4 passes at CMU, dropped one at Bryant, caught one and had about  4 incompletes at MU, where Green caught 15. How much of that (and the slants to the tight end not thown) is play-calling and coaching, and how much the freshman QB not seeing the whole field, or just going to the hot reciever?

It's been a busy morning...

It's far worse internally then people realize. Benson needs to wake up! 

You never heard ANY of this stuff under Coach Ford...Benson needs to step in, wheels coming off. 

Edited by Clickclack

19 hours ago, Eli said:

I'm not gonna lie, I love going to Casey Stadium and being outside. At least right now when it's still mild outside. Even if we lose, we have fun in our section crackin jokes and makes one another laugh. We'll see what happens when it's 30F outside and there is 1000 fans in the stands, but for now, win or lose, I enjoy being there.

I hope to meet you sometime.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, Clickclack said:

It's been a busy morning...

It's far worse internally then people realize. Benson needs to wake up! 

You never heard ANY of this stuff under Coach Ford...Benson needs to step in, wheels coming off. 

There were guys suspended underFordy.  Has little to do with the coach typically.

11 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

There were guys suspended underFordy.  Has little to do with the coach typically.

Sorry HOF, can't whitewash this one. This had everything to do with leadership and how it was dealt with. The fish rots from the head down. That's why I have no faith in any turnaround. Culture is fundamentally broken. 

Edited by Clickclack

10 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Sorry HOF, can't whitewash this one...I know to much about what went down. And it had everything to do with leadership. The fish rots from the head down. That's why I have no faith in any turnaround. Culture is fundamentally broken. 

You may or may not know anything.  I don't know.  Also you may not have the entire story or one side of the story.    I do know far more than you may think but since it is in house will not speak at all about anything,  Dev is a kid who likes to be the center of attention and I do know he is extremely competitive and wants the ball.  BUT the coaches are going with the hot hand and he is not getting balls and has had some drops.  PLUS he has been doubled most games and tripled some, we all know this frees up other guys.  Unless you talked directly to him, his family or one of the other Troy parents who are close to him.........................................

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, HOF2013 said:

You may or may not know anything.  I don't know.  Also you may not have the entire story or one side of the story.    I do know far more than you may think but since it is in house will not speak at all about anything,  Dev is a kid who likes to be the center of attention and I do know he is extremely competitive and wants the ball.  BUT the coaches are going with the hot hand and he is not getting balls and has had some drops.  PLUS he has been doubled most games and tripled some, we all know this frees up other guys.

This wasn't what it was about, regardless of how it's spun. I'll leave it at that. I didn't post what I did without getting multiple accounts. 

This coaching staff has a LONG history of throwing kids under the bus. This one will be no different. Not at liberty to discuss the particulars publicly but as usual, wool/eyes and all that jazz. 

Let's see how it goes...I bet not well in the grand scheme of things. 

tenor.gif

• Eli changed the title to Game #4: 9/21/19 - 3:30PM vs Lafayette