UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

After week 4  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m optimistic.  We have a very good offense - some mistakes but Undercuffler can make all the throws and that should keep us in games.      That said,  Bryant and Lafayette are both really bad so it’s hard to tell we really are.  Also, we’ll see if the defense can stop a few drives in the upcoming games

In my opinion, we also have the easiest schedule in the conference.  We don’t play JMU, Elon or Villanova- I’d argue that they’re three of the top 5 teams in the conference.

I was between option 3 and 4...if I could revote after thinking about it I think I'd pick 3. The Monmouth game was upsetting. I have no faith in this O-Line or backfield (corners/safeties). Kicking game is a joke and will cost them games.

I like what Cuff is showing. 

Edited by Clickclack

The schedule is a favorable one so I could see 6 - 7 wins IF THE DEFENSE PLAYS BETTER than at Monmouth. Agreed with Reeder that Bryant and Lafayette are bad teams.  If they had made one stop or not be horrible in the kicking game vs MU they are 3-1 heading into CAA play. The O will continue to get better as the season continues and if they remain injury free. You can say what you want about the OL they have kept Kuff upright and the sacks have been  limited. The backs are getting space to run. They can beat Wm & Mary and Richmond Same as last year and I am not saying they will. Neither WM or UR resemble JMU. Maine and Towson are both very good. If they can take WM down their confidence will grow. So the next two games are critical to how the season shapes up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

The schedule is a favorable one so I could see 6 - 7 wins IF THE DEFENSE PLAYS BETTER than at Monmouth. Agreed with Reeder that Bryant and Lafayette are bad teams.  If they had made one stop or not be horrible in the kicking game vs MU they are 3-1 heading into CAA play. The O will continue to get better as the season continues and if they remain injury free. You can say what you want about the OL they have kept Kuff upright and the sacks have been  limited. The backs are getting space to run. They can beat Wm & Mary and Richmond Same as last year and I am not saying they will. Neither WM or UR resemble JMU. Maine and Towson are both very good. If they can take WM down their confidence will grow. So the next two games are critical to how the season shapes up.

Pretty much a perfect post. Though I disagree a bit on the OLINE and their run-blocking.  They are not bad, just inconsistent. Granted...some of the teams we played have a focus on stopping the run.  I think the emergence of Cuff will force teams to defend against the air, which will help the O-Line.  Presumably, of course. 

7 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

They can beat Wm & Mary and Richmond 

I so hope you are right. A win over Richmond would be my personal Mardi Gras. The last three loses have to the Spiders have been brutal:

Triple OT

Double OT (I think)

Field goal wit a couple of seconds left in regulation.

15 hours ago, Clickclack said:

So much winning... 

I wish him the best - hope he lands on his feet.  The irony is that we finally have a legitimate passing game and next year he would have probably been the main target again as the other three top receivers graduate.  

That said, I hope this isn’t too much of a distraction.

From the T-U

Troy High football coach Bob Burns said he talked with Holmes on Monday and last week, but didn't press him for details. He just wanted make sure his former star was OK.

"He was just frustrated and I don't know what the specifics were,'' Burns said. "I'm assuming it had something to do with not being involved as much in the offense as he was previously and I guess he was getting frustrated with things like that."

Burns speculated Holmes is leaving now because, having played in only three games, he can still redshirt and have three years of eligibility remaining when he transfers somewhere else.

... he struggled later in the year against physical coverage from opposing defenses.

Burns said the decreasing role was unfamiliar for Holmes, used to being the center of the offense when he won two state championships in high school.

"He's probably put a lot of thought into it,'' Burns said. "It's pretty obvious he thinks this is the best decision for him. I care about him tremendously so I'm going to support him any way I can."

Burns didn't take sides against Gattuso and said they have a good relationship.

"He's going to run his football team the way he thinks is right,'' Burns said. "I do the same thing. I make decisions people in the stands criticize every day trying to do what's best for the football team."

Before everyone piles on GG understand the facts first. My bet is no one on this board knows a thing so lets save "the coach can't coach" , "the coach is a moron" or "he runs kids out town" etc.

GG has/had  a Jr. Antonio Brown on his hands. I say GOOD RIDDANCE!!! His feelings got hurt because he has not done a thing since mid season last year and he is frustrated, I get it. If I were a confidant of his (I am not) I would tell him to make the most of your upcoming opportunities and I would also say play better!!! He has a full ride in place I bet. Don't screw that up. He is just  pissed because the other WR is lighting it up and he is supposed to "be the man" The other kid caught 15 passes against Monmouth and Holmes felt under appreciated. Get over it. Play better or transfer.  He has the ability to play at the FCS level but is delusional if he thinks FBS. I wish him well whatever he decides but clearly this year this is not a big loss. He should grow up and get back to work in school and for the program.

What we do know is, he was an undersized receiver coming out of HS so the big boys looked past him. He played great at Pitt last season so he is very capable once in a while at that level. Week in and week out he would struggle as we have witnessed at the FCS level let alone the FBS level...that's just my opinion. Does not make it true. If he reads this I hope it motivates him. If he could of gone on to an FBS  program on a full ride, he would have.

Edited by MRuler 79

1 hour ago, MRuler 79 said:

Before everyone piles on GG understand the facts first. My bet is no one on this board knows a thing so lets save "the coach can't coach" , "the coach is a moron" or "he runs kids out town" etc.

A few of us have heard some very unflattering things about Gattuso and his practices that don't have to do with X's and O's (not even related to this Dev Holmes situation). The guy is FAAAARRRR from a saint. VERY FAAAAAARRRRRR. I'll just leave it at that.

Go do some digging. You might not like what you find.

Edited by Eli