UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

After week 4  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, MRuler 79 said:

Before everyone piles on GG understand the facts first. My bet is no one on this board knows a thing so lets save "the coach can't coach" , "the coach is a moron" or "he runs kids out town" etc.

GG has/had  a Jr. Antonio Brown on his hands. I say GOOD RIDDANCE!!! His feelings got hurt because he has not done a thing since mid season last year and he is frustrated, I get it. If I were a confidant of his (I am not) I would tell him to make the most of your upcoming opportunities and I would also say play better!!! He has a full ride in place I bet. Don't screw that up. He is just  pissed because the other WR is lighting it up and he is supposed to "be the man" The other kid caught 15 passes against Monmouth and Holmes felt under appreciated. Get over it. Play better or transfer.  He has the ability to play at the FCS level but is delusional if he thinks FBS. I wish him well whatever he decides but clearly this year this is not a big loss. He should grow up and get back to work in school and for the program.

What we do know is, he was an undersized receiver coming out of HS so the big boys looked past him. He played great at Pitt last season so he is very capable once in a while at that level. Week in and week out he would struggle as we have witnessed at the FCS level let alone the FBS level...that's just my opinion. Does not make it true. If he reads this I hope it motivates him. If he could of gone on to an FBS  program on a full ride, he would have.

Whatever, what's done is done...like him or not he had talent. You always want to have more and not less of talent. Not surprised this kid will now be vilified but the harsh truth is, it takes two to tango and GG had his dancing shoes on. You start out with stating understand facts, then proceed to author a wall of text how it was all Antonio Brown Jr.'s fault. 

Predictable...there's always something with this program. Loses continue to mount (let's see how they do the rest of this year) but the sacred losing cow that sits there with a winning % in the 30% (40's overall) range gets to continually skirt free. Last year spent all year complaining about lack of depth and talent in year 5. Worked like a mad-man to throw the offensive line under the bus and the rest of the kids like he had nothing to do with it. After every loss kids are blamed...go talk to some parents! 

Don't worry, his true colors will come out again, maybe this time you wont turn a blind eye to it. 

39 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Whatever, what's done is done...like him or not he had talent. You always want to have more and not less of talent. Not surprised this kid will now be vilified but the harsh truth is, it takes two to tango and GG had his dancing shoes on. You start out with stating understand facts, then proceed to author a wall of text how it was all Antonio Brown Jr.'s fault. 

Predictable...there's always something with this program. Loses continue to mount (let's see how they do the rest of this year) but the sacred losing cow that sits there with a winning % in the 30% (40's overall) range gets to continually skirt free. Last year spent all year complaining about lack of depth and talent in year 5. Worked like a mad-man to throw the offensive line under the bus and the rest of the kids like he had nothing to do with it. After every loss kids are blamed...go talk to some parents! 

Don't worry, his true colors will come out again, maybe this time you wont turn a blind eye to it. 

I have never turned a blind eye to it. I am well aware of the state of the program. The difference is bitching about it week after week even when they win doesn't change anything. If they lose, the sky is falling. Sometimes that is the case. When they win it was a bad team or they got lucky. No question they need a successful season this year. I was at Saturday's game and with weather like that it should of been a sellout. Winning should take care of that. By the same token I have seen games at Syracuse, UCONN, Buffalo and Villanova from the CAA and they also play to 1/2 full venue with the exception when Clemson came to Syracuse. The SU crowd quickly filed out at the beginning of the 4th QTR

I do Agree... that whatever is done is done. I never said I didn't like Holmes. I never met him. I always thought he had talent and thought he was a good player for this level. This kid isn't vilified by me I just stated we would be fine without him. If he is a distraction then I mean what I said... GOOD RIDDANCE. I am sure there are two sides to the story but no one seems to have facts, just speculation. So like it has been stated earlier "whatever is done is done."

Click, there is always something with every program in the country regardless of level. Its college football and for every 11 starters on each unit there are probably 33 kids behind them who are pissed off on the sidelines or were not allowed to dress for the game or travel with the team. This kid chose to have a selfish attitude and quit which has an impact on this team and I have a huge problem with that. I don't like quitters.

As far as GG goes and I have stated it before I give the staff the benefit of the doubt. If this season goes into the tank then I am all about moving on. As an alumni all I care about are wins and have a hard time tolerating losses. So as you can imagine my last two seasons have been disappointing. When I stop posting, that means I no longer care. Lets hope that doesn't happen. 

4 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

I have never turned a blind eye to it. I am well aware of the state of the program. The difference is bitching about it week after week even when they win doesn't change anything. If they lose, the sky is falling. Sometimes that is the case. When they win it was a bad team or they got lucky. No question they need a successful season this year. I was at Saturday's game and with weather like that it should of been a sellout. Winning should take care of that. By the same token I have seen games at Syracuse, UCONN, Buffalo and Villanova from the CAA and they also play to 1/2 full venue with the exception when Clemson came to Syracuse. The SU crowd quickly filed out at the beginning of the 4th QTR

I do Agree... that whatever is done is done. I never said I didn't like Holmes. I never met him. I always thought he had talent and thought he was a good player for this level. This kid isn't vilified by me I just stated we would be fine without him. If he is a distraction then I mean what I said... GOOD RIDDANCE. I am sure there are two sides to the story but no one seems to have facts, just speculation. So like it has been stated earlier "whatever is done is done."

Click, there is always something with every program in the country regardless of level. Its college football and for every 11 starters on each unit there are probably 33 kids behind them who are pissed off on the sidelines or were not allowed to dress for the game or travel with the team. This kid chose to have a selfish attitude and quit which has an impact on this team and I have a huge problem with that. I don't like quitters.

As far as GG goes and I have stated it before I give the staff the benefit of the doubt. If this season goes into the tank then I am all about moving on. As an alumni all I care about are wins and have a hard time tolerating losses. So as you can imagine my last two seasons have been disappointing. When I stop posting, that means I no longer care. Lets hope that doesn't happen. 

I agree with everything you say.  People who do not understand coaching and have not played or coached just do not get it.    And I'll be attacked for saying that but I DON'T CARE!!! 

56 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I agree with everything you say.  People who do not understand coaching and have not played or coached just do not get it.    And I'll be attacked for saying that but I DON'T CARE!!! 

Get what? While you sit an "get it" the capital district has quit on this program. Buy yeah... You get it... Lol. 

Maybe we should make a requirement that only people allowed to talk on this message board are those who played or coached. There are almost no posts left about this program, 5 or 6 people post the rest have quit or don't care to even discuss this team. A few pop their head in during games but quickly leave. Attendance has tanked...but then again you thought the berm was "packed". Delusional doesn't begin to describe it. 

Look around... You can't even bring yourself to admit that the program is sick and have the nerve to pontificate about getting it. 

And ruler, calling out this failing program the right of every paying fan. You don't have to like it. Pray the day never comes when no one even has the energy to bitch. There wasn't a lot of bitching after Lafayette. Most folks are taking a wait and see approach. I made several comments about cuff looking good etc. Sorry it was so negative. 

Edited by Clickclack

6 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Dude (inb4hesaysdontcallmedudelulz), you played when they were wearing leather helmets that made you look like you could be dopplegangers for a WWII pilot. All you needed was a scarf and some 4" goggles and you'd be lookin like James Franco in Fly Boys. Give it a rest. No one cares that you played.

Edited by Eli

Why, as a coach, would you want any player on your team who did not want to be a starter or a star player? But thinking you should be a star player and making it happen are two different things.  Some of that is incumbent upon the player to dedicate everything to achieving the goal. The rest is a function of the coaching staff in using the player's talents in a fashion that maximizes achievement.  Plus the motivation factor.  I truly do not know all that went on with regards to Dev.  We likely never will.  If he was a prima donna? If he was under coached? If the staff failed to adjust and design plays to utilize his skills? I don’t know.  I just know that the program under GG is not performing up to the standards I as a fan, season ticket holder and GDAC member expect.  So I get to criticize regardless of the fact I never coached or played college football. I do praise too. Winning is the cure and losing just feeds the fire. It’s the nature of coaching at the D1 level.  

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

I think that much of the frustration and exasperation displayed on this board is that there is no chance of moving on from  this coach if this season goes into the tank.  GG has three more years on his contract - through 2022.  There is no money to buy him out, he makes about 300k/year.  Anyone got a cool million burning a hole in their pocket?  It's not just the coach, it is the ineptitude of the leadership in the athletics department.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Why, as a coach, would you want any player on your team who did not want to be a starter or a star player? But thinking you should be a star player and making it happen are two different things.  Some of that is incumbent upon the player to dedicate everything to achieving the goal. The rest is a function of the coaching staff in using the player's talents in a fashion that maximizes achievement.  Plus the motivation factor.  I truly do not know all that went on with regards to Dev.  We likely never will.  If he was a prima donna? If he was under coached? If the staff failed to adjust and design plays to utilize his skills? I don’t know.  I just know that the program under GG is not performing up to the standards I as a fan, season ticket holder and GDAC member expect.  So I get to criticize regardless of the fact I never coached or played college football. I do praise too. Winning is the cure and losing just feeds the fire. It’s the nature of coaching at the D1 level.  

SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restric

Edited by Eli

15 minutes ago, sarge965 said:

I think that much of the frustration and exasperation displayed on this board is that there is no chance of moving on from  this coach if this season goes into the tank.  GG has three more years on his contract - through 2022.  There is no money to buy him out, he makes about 300k/year.  Anyone got a cool million burning a hole in their pocket?  It's not just the coach, it is the ineptitude of the leadership in the athletics department.

I for one probably should come to grips with the reality that win, lose or draw we are stuck. It's just painful to watch what he's done to this once proud program. Equally as painful to watch Benson be a complete zero as an AD. If I were to take a poll right now, everyone with the exception of HOF if given the chance would have fired GG. What does Benson due, reward him with a MAX YEAR contract what he should have done is at best tacked on 2 years and given himself an escape hatch. The people who are now talking about patience etc. are those that probably know that there is no chance to make a change so wait as see is what this fan-base is left with. People that were/are loosely connected to this program, the casual fans have outright quit. If this attendance doesn't scare the $iena out of Benson, then he is irredeemable as an AD.

By most accounts, UA is favored over Bill&Mary (-2.5). Essentially a toss up game at home if you factor in the home field. You want to turn some hearts and minds? Win this one! You have to start somewhere if you are GG. Lose this and don't complain that people are upset. 

Edited by Clickclack

16 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Get what? While you sit an "get it" the capital district has quit on this program. Buy yeah... You get it... Lol. 

Maybe we should make a requirement that only people allowed to talk on this message board are those who played or coached. There are almost no posts left about this program, 5 or 6 people post the rest have quit or don't care to even discuss this team. A few pop their head in during games but quickly leave. Attendance has tanked...but then again you thought the berm was "packed". Delusional doesn't begin to describe it. 

Look around... You can't even bring yourself to admit that the program is sick and have the nerve to pontificate about getting it. 

And ruler, calling out this failing program the right of every paying fan. You don't have to like it. Pray the day never comes when no one even has the energy to bitch. There wasn't a lot of bitching after Lafayette. Most folks are taking a wait and see approach. I made several comments about cuff looking good etc. Sorry it was so negative. 

And this from a guy who has no FB experience at all , except for having his butt in a seat in the stands.  You are a real expert!!!

11 hours ago, Eli said:

Dude (inb4hesaysdontcallmedudelulz), you played when they were wearing leather helmets that made you look like you could be dopplegangers for a WWII pilot. All you needed was a scarf and some 4" goggles and you'd be lookin like James Franco in Fly Boys. Give it a rest. No one cares that you played.

You and your buddies THINK you have a clue.  You don't!   And again I am NOT your dude, even in your dreams.   Why don't you and your buddies give it a rest.  All you can do is bitch and bitch and bitch.   BTY FB returned to UA 50 years ago not 80 or 90.  Like I said , no clue.  If guys have left it may be because they get tired of all the negativity from you guys.  Even the few new guys who post say the same thing to you and your buddies.  Get over it.  Watch the team, support the team and program or DON'T.   Stop constantly bitching.  Some folks come here to have creative conversations and NOT listen to a bunch of snowflakes bitch every week.

13 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

You and your buddies THINK you have a clue.  You don't!   And again I am NOT your dude, even in your dreams.   Why don't you and your buddies give it a rest.  All you can do is bitch and bitch and bitch.   BTY FB returned to UA 50 years ago not 80 or 90.  Like I said , no clue.  If guys have left it may be because they get tired of all the negativity from you guys.  Even the few new guys who post say the same thing to you and your buddies.  Get over it.  Watch the team, support the team and program or DON'T.   Stop constantly bitching.  Some folks come here to have creative conversations and NOT listen to a bunch of snowflakes bitch every week.

Not gonna ask for your permission as to what to post...deal with it! I may only have my butt in the seats, at least I have some dignity. How do you get your head up through GG's sphincter muscle every week? Just curious, answer or don't...

Have a nice day!

Edited by Clickclack

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

Intelligently criticizing is one thing, constant bitching is another.  People have no idea what went on but still blame this one or that one.   In my mind if a person has no knowledge of how practices are run and what goes on, the attitude of coaches and players means people should withhold judgment and stop being critical of them.  Some here may not like it but actually being in the game via playing for years and coaching for years does give a different perspective than a person who is merely a fan.   BTW, I have been to several practices - they are all positive.  Sorry guys but alums are allowed to attend practices even though they are closed practices so YES I do know more about it than you..   Fact. whether you accept it or not.   I have a personal relationship with several parents and talk to them.  We will never know exactly what happened because they are not saying BUT to blame anybody when one doesn't know is an example of what I mean about not having a clue.  A quick response to some of what you stated: Under coached - not.  Not getting passes, true.  No need to adjust plays to utilize skills, seldom do coaches do that  BTW.   Other guys are 'hot' right now.   ALL coaches go to the hot hand - end of story.  Some kids can not accept that, some can.  The reason others are 'hot', Dev was double, even triple teamed in the first couple of games.  As the season progressed I would have thought he would have more opportunities because the 'hot' guys now would start seeing those doubles.   I really don't care much what guys who really do not know what they are talking about say except when they attack me.   Enough said.

Edited by HOF2013