UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Purple and Gold Game - 10/12 @12:30pm

How is Carter not a d1 kid? Initially I was very worried with no viable backup to Clark but if Carter isn't a viable d1 player and not just in name... I'll eat my hat. Great size, nice outside shoot... Quick and can get into the lane. What a find especially in light of the Jojo serious injury. That was the biggest eye opener for me. Wow... 

This team will have a chance to return to 20+ wins... Lots of talent and depth, good length and size. Really liked Doherty as well, kid made a few great passes. Should be a fun season. 

I remember at last years game walking out feeling good about the offense, but wondering if it was good offense or a lack of defense. Based on the metrics at the end of the year, it looks like a bit of both was the case.

For some reason I didn't quite feel as excited with the offense during this game, but I liked a lot of what I saw defensively. That could bode very well.

I don't think Carter is going to shoot 75% from three like he did today. His best quality was that he didn't try to do anything he's not capable of doing. He got his team into the offense, played defense and took shots when he was open. Probably not a surprise that his team came out on top in the scrimmage.

As good as Ahmad can be, he still seemed to settle for long threes too often.

Hansen hit some outside shots and then put the ball on the floor a few times and got to the rim. He and Doherty's shooting from outside are going to be a problem for other big guys and create more space around the hoop.

• Thanks 1

Carter is a junior, from Bishop Kearney HS in Rochester, last year scored 16 ppg for Colby CC in Kansas.  In 2017-18 he scored 13 ppg for Mohawk Valley CC in Utica. Had no D-I offers but asked Will if he could walk on, he’s a good student so sure.

• Thanks 1

OK. What is the phrase "Hope Springs Eternal." Every year I come away from the the purple-gold super optimistic. This year more SO. This team is GOOD and DEEP. I know, I know we've all said it before; but I do not know where Brown is going to find minutes for everyone. Very impressed with both freshman. Hutchinson playing with a brace on his finger, seemed determined to SHOW he can play and would not let the brace stop him. I expected Doherty to be good and he did not disappoint; but was very surprised just how good Hutch was/is. Don't know where coach will find enough minutes for them, but they are capable of competing right away. Carter is a flat out steel/find. I agree with all the other who made note of this.That being said, quite a bit of speculation that if his knee hold outs, JoJo might be better than Cater and even Clark.

After the scrimmage the players came into the stands to meet fans. Talked with Lauderdale who obviously aggravated his injury. He limped badly and admitted to being in a lot of pain. Hope it is not a bad as it looked. Last year, I felt French could get more playing time if he cut back on his defensive "mistakes". He definitely appears more bulked this year and his rebounding, offense and overall energy level/hustle should earn him some floor time; especially if his defense improves.  

Speaking of hustle/energy, Rizzuto (as someone said) was all over the floor (literally). Hope he survives the pre-season let alone the year in total.

Edited by dslyank
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...