UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saw them play two weeks ago at Brown.  Jeff needs to have a good day throwing the ball for us to win.  The Rams defense held the RB in check most of the game.  The Brown coach went for it a lot on fourth down because the Rams had a hard time controlling the Brown QB who ran a lot of RPO.  The URI offense can move the ball so I expect a high scoring game.  Looking forward to bringing the kids and Ladyram to the game.  

UAlbany football vs. Rhode Island is wide receiver showcase - TU

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-vs-Rhode-Island-is-wide-14543166.php

The University at Albany football program made the proclamation from its Twitter account. "The Top WR Duo in the @CAAFootball Jerah Reeves and Juwan Green," the Great Danes tweeted on Tuesday.

Rhode Island's Isaiah Coulter and Aaron Parker might have something to say about that. Arguably the two best wide receiver tandems in the Colonial Athletic Association will face each other on Saturday when UAlbany takes on URI at 3:30 p.m. at Casey Stadium. They're the CAA's top four players in receptions. Parker leads the league with 47 catches, followed by Green and Reeves with 46 each. Coulter is close behind in fourth with 43.

Green and Reeves have combined for 12 touchdowns, best in the CAA. Coulter and Parker, who are first cousins from Maryland, have 10 scores between them. 
Coulter, Green and Parker all average at least 100 yards receiving per game, while Reeves is at 80.7 per contest. "I think the numbers speak for themselves,'' Reeves said. "We've played very well. They've played very well. There's an opportunity where we finally get to meet up, so I'll take myself and Juwan over anybody, and D-Mac (UAlbany wide receiver Donovan McDonald). He's explosive as well. I'll take us over anybody."

UAlbany head coach Greg Gattuso pointed out the CAA has abundant talent at wide receiver with UAlbany and URI's duos among them. "I think they're certainly in the conversation,'' he said. "Are they the best? We'll know this week. It'll be a nice elimination battle. I think these two guys with Rhode Island have been doing it together for a period of time."

Coulter and Parker blistered UAlbany in a 45-26 victory in Rhode Island last year. Parker had nine catches for 146 yards and a touchdown while Coulter added nine receptions for 109 yards and a score. The UAlbany secondary had trouble dealing with their size and speed. Coulter is 6-foot-3 and 190 pounds and Parker is 6-3 and 208. Asked what the Great Danes learned from that game, safety Hayden Specht replied, "Just how good of players they are. Last year, we didn't really recognize that going into the game and we paid for that. This week and this year, we're really focusing on taking them out of their game plan and focus on getting the 'W'."

Green didn't play in last year's meeting with URI because he was still having an NCAA eligibility issue cleared up. He said he doesn't view this game as a personal challenge between wide receivers.  "That’s not something we set out to do in our gameplan,'' Green said. "What we focus on is what we control. We control our offense. They control their offense. So at the end of the day, we just look to do our job better than they do their job." Green said URI has "very aggressive" cornerbacks, much like the rest of the CAA. "We've just got to match their intensity and physicality,'' Green said. "Really, we want to be more physical than them."

Green and Reeves have developed an excellent rapport with UAlbany redshirt freshman quarterback Jeff Undercuffler, who is tied for second in the Football Championship Subdivision with 20 touchdown passes.Meanwhile, URI has a different quarterback than last year in redshirt junior Vito Priore, who leads the CAA with 333.8 passing yards per game. He's more of a pocket quarterback than JaJuan Lawson, whom he replaced. Gattuso said Priore reminds him of former UAlbany quarterback Vince Testaverde because of his gunslinger mentality. "Their quarterback will give (Coulter and Parker) a chance to just go up and get the ball,'' Specht said. "That's what they did last year and we're expecting them to do that again this year."

Important Game Day Information!

The Great Dane Athletic Club staff is excited to welcome you to Homecoming weekend as the Great Danes take on the Rhode Island Rams with a 3:30 P.M. kickoff!

Access to Great Dane Athletic Club hospitality at the UAlbany Field Club will now be through the field entrance located by the south endzone. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the stairs formerly located at the bottom of section 101 will be unavailable for the remainder of the season. We politely ask you to join us at our new entrance indicated below. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

For more information regarding the Great Dane Athletic Club or the newly relocated GDAC hospitality area, please contact Justin Brown at 518-437-4774 or jjbrown@albany.edu.

Thank you for everything you do to Unleash Greatness in UAlbany student-athletes, and Go Great Danes!

stadium-aerial-gdac-tent.jpg

FYI

13 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

So if we want to get a beer during the game or at halftime, we have to leave the stadium and then enter from that entrance?

I refuse to use that new location....it was an idiotic decision in keeping with other idiotic decisions since Casey opened up.  Sometimes I find it hard to believe that the athletic department uses more than one or two brain cells when considering the impact of changes.  

• Haha 1

AGS says the line is us -7. O/U is 50. I think I'd take the over

TU story calls this our "Revenge Tour"

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-seeks-revenge-against-Rhode-14545484.php

Mencer said head coach Greg Gattuso didn't play up the revenge angle during practice this week.

"Definitely not," Mencer said. "This is definitely a players' thing. We can't stand for this. We're not going to go out like that, especially the seniors. We've got something to prove."

• Like 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #8: 10/19/19 - 3:30PM vs Rhode Island