UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Awesome in the second half. JU definitely had an off day (can you have an off day with 4 TDS?) but some butter fingers by the receivers too. Mofor is developing a real beast mode...me likes. D stepped up big time when needed.  Wesneski was open so much he could have had some more catches.  Way too many yards given up, but the only number that counted is 35-28.  😄

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Awesome in the second half. JU definitely had an off day (can you have an off day with 4 TDS?) but some butter fingers by the receivers too. Mofor is developing a real beast mode...me likes. D stepped up big time when needed.  Wisnewski was open so much he could have had some more catches.  Way too many yards given up, but the only number that counted is 35-28.  😄

They gotta call more plays for LJ. The amount of times he was open in the middle of the field was crazy. And they almost missed him on that wide open one but finally Thundercuffler saw him at the last second.

I seriously don't understand our teams aversion to using the middle of the field. It's obviously a philosophy as I've been harping on it for 6 years. It goes counter to everything most of the NFL is doing which is becoming more and more of a TE league. Can someone explain why we only use that part of the field maybe 10-15% of the time in the passing game (lets say there is 30 passes, we might throw 3-4 over the middle). Everything is either in the flat, to the outside/sideline or deep. It's crazy.

I don't get it...is there a damn good reason for this?

University release says this was the SIXTH-largest crowd at Casey Stadium, not second. Most homecomings have been near sellouts until last year.

The missed XP was, again, a low snap. I guess he doesn’t adjust well. The other kicks were solid

The URI QB didn’t impress me much, a lot of his yards from throwing high and let the 6’3” WR jump for it.

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

University release says this was the SIXTH-largest crowd at Casey Stadium, not second. Most homecomings have been near sellouts until last year.

You can blame Wyland and Voelker for that one.  They said on the broadcast second largest. :D

On that note, Wyland is much better at basketball than football.  He is wrong a lot on spots and penalties and first downs and such.  Totally missed the fumble on the goal line until the UA player was halfway to the sideline and he insisted the defender stripped the RB on the tackle and took the ball away until he saw the replay.  Voelker was constantly correcting him. 

Hey folks had a great time at the game.  Glad we won definitely didn't think we would have 5 wins this season.  Side question in he Dutch quad parking lot, why did they have so much security?  Has this been the norm?  Did something happen in the past on HC?  Me and the ladyram were wondering.  Thanks   

7 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

Hey folks had a great time at the game.  Glad we won definitely didn't think we would have 5 wins this season.  Side question in he Dutch quad parking lot, why did they have so much security?  Has this been the norm?  Did something happen in the past on HC?  Me and the ladyram were wondering.  Thanks   

The only down note for the day was parking. We arrived at Dutch at 3pm. Told them we were not tailgating. I was coming in off of Fuller. They said go left, then told me to go right, forcing me to back up into traffic. Then I get to the entrance, barricades are up, they say it’s been closed for ten minutes. I do an A turn, back to the original entrance where the cop tells me they probably closed the lot because the game started??? Directed the other way where we were refused entrance at every Dutch lot. They said the lots were full. So my Dutch Lot hang tag got me squat. We ended up parking in the lot off the west end of the podium, a very long schlep. Utterly clear that parking was out of control and security was not knowledgeable of the situation. Just one more embarrassing episode for our disfunctional athletic department IMHO. 

• Sad 1

Anyone sitting around me (including my wife, who was telling me to shut up) can vouch for how much I wanted them to throw to Wisnewski. He was open ALL GAME. Here’s a startling stat: Wesneski and Hussein have 11 receptions and 8 touchdowns. That tells me that the opposing defenses forget our TEs in crucial situations.  They are open so much it’s ridiculous that they are not used more. Maybe JU will learn to love them as his security blanket as he grows more comfortable. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, jimbo said:

The only down note for the day was parking. We arrived at Dutch at 3pm. Told them we were not tailgating. I was coming in off of Fuller. They said go left, then told me to go right, forcing me to back up into traffic. Then I get to the entrance, barricades are up, they say it’s been closed for ten minutes. I do an A turn, back to the original entrance where the cop tells me they probably closed the lot because the game started??? Directed the other way where we were refused entrance at every Dutch lot. They said the lots were full. So my Dutch Lot hang tag got me squat. We ended up parking in the lot off the west end of the podium, a very long schlep. Utterly clear that parking was out of control and security was not knowledgeable of the situation. Just one more embarrassing episode for our disfunctional athletic department IMHO. 

Out of town. Just catching up. Madder than He)(. My God it’s HOMECOMING. Open up the damn campus to everyone. FREE PARKING EVERYWHERE. Be welcoming. First come first serve. Sefcu pass once year won’t kill us to walk a little for a parent or community member, possible future fan/donor. Benson get your head out of your ASS (no pc spelling here)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dslyank said:

Out of town. Just catching up. Madder than He)(. My God it’s HOMECOMING. Open up the damn campus to everyone. FREE PARKING EVERYWHERE. Be welcoming. First come first serve. Sefcu pass once year won’t kill us to walk a little for a parent or community member, possible future fan/donor. Benson get your head out of your ASS (no pc spelling here)

I do understand parking issues and hate to walk BUT we walked all over showing the campus to a visitor. Not that big a deal - get there early enough so you have time!!!!!!   I have to add have any of you been to other colleges for FB games?  I mean recently, the last 10 years?  Any issues here are just nothing compared to other schools.  Div 1 schools charge for parking.  End of story.  Programs are extremely expensive and they must tap into every revenue stream they can. Just the way it is.   Sorry if this pisses anybody off but let's be real!

9 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

I do understand parking issues and hate to walk BUT we walked all over showing the campus to a visitor. Not that big a deal - get there early enough so you have time!!!!!!   I have to add have any of you been to other colleges for FB games?  I mean recently, the last 10 years?  Any issues here are just nothing compared to other schools.  Div 1 schools charge for parking.  End of story.  Programs are extremely expensive and they must tap into every revenue stream they can. Just the way it is.   Sorry if this pisses anybody off but let's be real!

I'm like ehh..on the whole parking thing. Maybe because I have sefcu passes LOL. I get why they do it...I'm just not sure how much if any they are sacrificing in growing the program over short term monetizing gains. 

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I don’t mind paying for parking, or getting a parking pass for a GDAC contribution.  But having said that, I damn well expect the university to honor my parking tag in the f’n lot where it is designated for.  They oversold the lot, plain and simple. They didn’t set aside parking for tag holders. That’s poor planning and imho another screwup by the AD.  

• Thanks 2

• Eli changed the title to Game #8: 10/19/19 - 3:30PM vs Rhode Island