UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

After week 8  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will admit that URI scared me to death before the game, during the game and was very relieved we came out on top. A much needed bye week. Sometimes bye weeks are needed and sometimes they disrupt a team on a roll. We shall see. Going forward I am cautiously optimistic. Maine should be a W, Delaware on the road will be tough but they don't seem to be invincible. I love our chances with New Hampshire at home and an overrated Stony Brook team. A win over Maine and we are a 6 win team. Our kicking game still scares the hell out of me. Our D thankfully is being opportunistic and winning the turnover battle which has been key. We need our D to step up a bit and keep teams from long drives. It seems our secondary is improved but they need to step up their game going into this last push.

As far as this poll is concerned nothing matters as this is JMU's conference until they are beaten. I don't see that happening. I don't want to jinx us by looking ahead but I think should we win out or finish 8-4 we will face either JMU or Villanova should we get selected. The loss to Richmond will kill us and the loss to Monmouth is inexcusable and may certainly cost us.

I almost wish the bye came after Delaware but the scheduling gods have spoken. LETS FINISH STRONG!!!

Edited by MRuler 79

Wanted to go with #2, but giddiness is on a slow boil. Massey has our 8-win odds up to 22.65%, favored over Maine and < touchdown dogs to the rest. Sagarin has us almost even with all four opponents.

nobowls.com bracketology has us with a “Bubble burst”

Collegesportsmadness.com projects us with a first round game at Northern Iowa for the right to travel to the Fabulous Fargodome for North Dakota State. 

A long way from six weeks ago

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

My mentality is, you have to beat who the CAA put on your conference schedule. I'm not gonna ding GG or UA Football because the schedule is easy. Tied for 2nd is tied for second in my book, we are very deep into the season here. 

None of it means anything, standings, polls etc. We have to win, period.......  

I had been concerned the bye week was coming at the wrong time because we were getting things going. With all the injuries, it looks like the bye week is coming at the PERFECT time. 

It'll be nice to sit back and watch for a week without experiencing heart palpatations. Some good matchups in the CAA this week:

Stony Brook @ Villanova

Richmond @ Delaware

Towson @ JMU

Meanwhile, we'll have a meaningful football game in November. It's been a while.

• Like 1

Where are the students? Does the T-U provide an answer? Well, it's been a while since the last "UAlbany students are here to party" story. Surprised they didn't mention Kegs & Eggs.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Two-counties-two-huge-UAlbany-related-parties-14550378.php

For the unsubscribed, two 1000-person parties, one in Menands and one in Chatham, Saturday afternoon while the game was on. Broken up early, no arrests,  but no research on how many were from Albany or from other places. 

Eighteen police agencies responded to an unsanctioned party in a warehouse parking lot in Menands at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, where police believe up to 1,000 people attended.

Around the same time, residents in the area of Clark Road in Chatham reported a huge house party. The Columbia County Sheriff's Office responded at 5:40 p.m. and also found up to 1,000 people, many of whom were UAlbany students who had been bused to the rental property some 40 minutes south of campus.

7 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Where are the students? Does the T-U provide an answer? Well, it's been a while since the last "UAlbany students are here to party" story. Surprised they didn't mention Kegs & Eggs.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Two-counties-two-huge-UAlbany-related-parties-14550378.php

For the unsubscribed, two 1000-person parties, one in Menands and one in Chatham, Saturday afternoon while the game was on. Broken up early, no arrests,  but no research on how many were from Albany or from other places. 

Eighteen police agencies responded to an unsanctioned party in a warehouse parking lot in Menands at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, where police believe up to 1,000 people attended.

Around the same time, residents in the area of Clark Road in Chatham reported a huge house party. The Columbia County Sheriff's Office responded at 5:40 p.m. and also found up to 1,000 people, many of whom were UAlbany students who had been bused to the rental property some 40 minutes south of campus.

So, 50 people were bused back to campus out of 1000 but it's a UAlbany party. When is the TU finally gonna go out of business?

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Does anyone know what the Under Armour relationship means besides uniforms?  Benson mentioned financial contribution but I find it hard to believe that we’d get a financial contribution given our small stature.